SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(N’eddie) 6120W-1957 sold. FS; some other bits and pieces.

What's Hot
TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
edited November 2022 in Guitars £
Now sold. 

Thanks for looking.   Seen other items below. 

This is a rare beastie, it was made in the brief period of time that Gretsch lost the licence to the Eddie Cochran brand.  

@dazzajl nicknamed this particular guitar N’eddie (not Eddie), as it’s not an Eddie Cochran model, though it is an Eddie Cochran model in all but name.  

They threw extra budget to make this the best version they could. The top (I believe) is a different thickness to other models, and it has an improved the bridge with a Bigsby milled aluminium unit, and popped a Lindy Fralin P90 in the neck. 

Bracing is parallel bar, which combined with the top, give this particular model a snap and bark in the tone that other Eddie Cochran models don’t have, and nice chewy mids.  A fabulous guitar. 

Bridge is a Gretsch Dynasonic, which obviously sound pretty darn epic.  Neck and bridge are beautifully balanced. 

It’s got the G-brand and the cowboy nexk inlays, looks cool as hell. 

This guitar has been around, it’s 17 years old, and was gigged in its previous life.  When it got to me, the pickups was a bus ride away from the strings (and if you know Gretsches, the strings have to be right up under the strings for best results) and had a few marks.   It also has a bit of fretwear. 

If you’ve ever bought a guitar from me, you’ll know that I always have them properly set up, and this is no exception. 
I bought the correct P90 shims and Dynasonic shins from TV Jones, and raised the pickups to the correct levels.  I also balanced the pole pieces for optimal tone.  

The whole body has a buff up, and neck was levelled, and guitar setup with 11’s.  It’s now perfect, plays perfect, sounds exactly as it should, it’s an excellent guitar.

There are some marks, and a bit of buckle rash in the back, but no heavy dings or dents, just minor scratches in the top coat. 

Why am I selling?  I’m having a lot of work done in the house, and I could do with freeing up some funds for a new wood burning stove (wife wants two!!!). 

Also, as much as I love the guitar, I’m honestly more of a Filtertron guy, that’s my favourite Gretsch tone (I have three with various Filtertrons).  One of these thing, I’m so used to jumbo frets that these vintage frets fee strange to me.  They okay great, and are in great condition, but I’ve been spoiled with modern frets, and can’t adapt well. 

So, my loss is your gain. 

Offering this for a very reasonable £1550.  This is as good as any Eddie Cochran Gretsch (branded or unbranded) gets. And if you’re into collecting, and future collectible,  this is the model to get.  Eddie fan want this model the most. It’s honestly the best sounding version of the Eddie Cochran model Gretsch has made (outside of the custom shop) 

Interested in a Strymon El Cap v2 of you wanted a px, but otherwise, I have everything I need and more besides. 

Guitar is based in High Wycombe, but I drive out to Cambridge a lot, and up to Liverpool quite regularly, so can meet for a services rendezvous, or you’re welcome to come here to try. 

Thanks for looking, more photos here: https://imgur.com/a/deinz63

Cheers

Marlin

Sold and payment received. 

Thanks for your comments and PM’s.  Nice to see a lot of love for this fab guitar

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
    edited October 2022
    Also offered for sale. 

Vintage Lemon Drop LP style guitar.  Lovely figured top, criminally under rated, sounds excellent, and plays way above it's price bracket.  Only selling cos....well...Mayback! 

Fab minty fresh condition.  £200 for a quick sale. That's a very low price.  Will even lob a fresh set of strings on it.

More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/NpGTLje
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LordBucketHeadLordBucketHead Frets: 302
    edited October 2022
    wow.. that's somethin else - it looks sensational - Glwts
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wow.. that's somethin else - it looks sensational - Glwts
    Cracking price too, I was expecting it to be a lot more than that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2022
    SOLD: Nux MG300. £50 delivered.  

Can be used for stand alone practice as a headphones amp and pedals, or as a pedal on your board. 

SOLD. :)
  • PMd re N’Eddie which I shouldn’t have sold in the first place !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PC1971PC1971 Frets: 386
    Stunning! ;-)

Walrus Audio Janus Fuzz/ tremolo. 

Awesome bizarre combo with joystick controls that sounds absolutely epic.  Just got too many Fuzz pedals. 

Fantastic for keyboard and guitars.  

£150 delivered.  
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Gotta love that Gretsch! Insanely good price as well. GLWTS
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    edited October 2022
    Fuzz and Vintage Lemon Drop LP a still up for grabs

sale or trade - open to discussions….
    Fuzz and Vintage Lemon Drop LP a still up for grabs
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7455
    edited November 2022
    Buy with confidence style bump 

A great guy to deal with, plus he sports the finest facial hair on the Forum 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks Con :)
    edited November 2022
    Open to offers on the lemon drop and Vyse Amp and cab 

edit.  …..and fuzz
    edited November 2022
    Lemon drop £200. Bargain! 

Janus Fuzz/trem £125.  

Cheers

Marlin
    £180 got the Vintage Lemon Drop. £100 for the fuzz
  • Lovely Gretsch .. I had one of those. What a sound 
  • Lovely Gretsch .. I had one of those. What a sound 
    It is your old one Nick , I had the hump with it because it wasn’t the Eddie Cochrane official model so moved it on (I had a bit of a strop at the time if you remember !). I’ve since bought it back from Marlin :-)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6075
    TheMarlin said:
    That’s a crazy amount of LP goodness for the money. I had the distressed version and loved it. 

Was it as ‘good’ as a Gibson? Nope

Did it sound as good and play as well as any Gibson I’ve owned? Yes it did. 

Preferred playing it to any of the Gibsons I’ve had too. Maybe because it is such a bargain. So why did I sell it? I bought the Maybach that Marlin now has.  :3
    dazzajl said:
    TheMarlin said:
    That’s a crazy amount of LP goodness for the money. I had the distressed version and loved it. 

Was it as ‘good’ as a Gibson? Nope

Did it sound as good and play as well as any Gibson I’ve owned? Yes it did. 

Preferred playing it to any of the Gibsons I’ve had too. Maybe because it is such a bargain. So why did I sell it? I bought the Maybach that Marlin now has.  3
    @dazzajl is my main dealer, seven of my guitars have come through his hands ;)

I’ll give this a week, then if it doesn’t sell, it’ll get a set of P90’s and a Bigsby, and take permanent residence.