PSA: Boss WAZA Air - £239.10 at Amazon

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    elstoof said:
    I did connect the audio separately but it seemed to boot off the midi control connection on my iPhone. Will have another look into it now you’ve confirmed it shouldn’t  :)
    Yeah I had the same issue but managed to fix it eventually and works perfectly now. Great piece of kit, thanks for the PSA.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7257
    edited October 2022
    As far as I can recall you connect the Bluetooth control via the BTS app as documented here (not through phone Bluetooth menu)

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/WAZA-AIR_BTS_iOS_eng01_W.pdf

and the Bluetooth audio from the phones Bluetooth menu as documented in the WAZA air manual 

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/WAZA-AIR_eng04_W.pdf
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2686
    edited October 2022
    Yep, tomajoha said:
    elstoof said:
    I did connect the audio separately but it seemed to boot off the midi control connection on my iPhone. Will have another look into it now you’ve confirmed it shouldn’t 
    Yeah I had the same issue but managed to fix it eventually and works perfectly now. Great piece of kit, thanks for the PSA.
    Yep, turns out I was just being a twat. Think it booted the amp connection first time because I had to synch a new connection for the audio. Works perfectly and I’m a happy punter, thanks for the help folks. Playing it right now in fact!

has anyone updated the firmware to 1.2, is it worth the faff?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 838
    elstoof said:
    Yep, tomajoha said:
    elstoof said:
    I did connect the audio separately but it seemed to boot off the midi control connection on my iPhone. Will have another look into it now you’ve confirmed it shouldn’t 
    Yep, turns out I was just being a twat. Think it booted the amp connection first time because I had to synch a new connection for the audio. Works perfectly and I’m a happy punter, thanks for the help folks. Playing it right now in fact!

I haven’t, but it is supposed to fix a bug with the gyro drifting if you move your head while using it
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7257
    Rich31k said:
    elstoof said:
    Yep, tomajoha said:
    elstoof said:

I haven’t, but it is supposed to fix a bug with the gyro drifting if you move your head while using it
    It doesn’t fix the gyro drift, it just adds an option to turn it off in some of the configurations. The hardware setup means there will always be drift unfortunately.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 838
    mrkb said:
    Rich31k said:
    elstoof said:
    Yep, tomajoha said:
    elstoof said:

It doesn’t fix the gyro drift, it just adds an option to turn it off in some of the configurations. The hardware setup means there will always be drift unfortunately.
    Good to know I’m not missing much. I’ve not been able to get them to show up when plugged into my PC yet
  • MarchMarch Frets: 289
    spev11 said:
    March said:
    I had a pair and sent them back. I had no issue with the headphones, or the tones available, but the app connectivity with Android was abysmal, I found myself constantly having to re-pair the headphones to the app or reinstall and it quickly drove me to distraction as simple refinements could not be made easily. 

However, at that price and now that I have an iPad, I may revisit.
    I found the same but I got hold of an iphone 7 just to use the app, worked great (the phone cost 20 quid as the screen was cracked, not enough to stop me using it). Boss werent really interested in why it doesnt work well with Android mostly blaming the Android Bluetooth variances across brands, I was using a Sony phone (and a samsung prior to that) so i'm not sure its entirely Android to blame (i'd understand if I  had a no name chinese knock off)
    Well, I took the plunge and can confirm that the Bluetooth connection is definitely more stable on the Apple device. 

I've heard on Android that having location switched on affects the connectivity, but previously I tried everything to get the connection to be more stable before giving up, and this was with a Samsung S20 phone. 

Anyway, I now have a decent enough late-night practice tool which is what I wanted. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10927
    edited November 2022
    Another Boss practice tool here, £100 down from £240 ish or so they say. Pocket GT
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom