SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Masterbuilt Strats - Todd Krause ‘58 & Jason Smith ‘61

What's Hot
CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4311
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
Not much I can really say, except they are both absolute Strat perfection. Totally capturing the vibe and tone of each era of Stratocaster. Impeccable build and tone. If I was keeping one, not really sure how I would decide between them…

Pursuing some more vintage guitars, as well as being on a bit of a Tele mission at present. Might consider a trade or happy to add cash for a special Tele.

Both in perfect condition, with all certs, case candy etc. present and correct. In the ‘61, I swapped the hand wound Josephina Fat 60’s for Rocketfire Total 60’s, not because the the Josephina’s were bad in any way (they weren’t, they were actually very good), but because I have had the RF’s in numerous guitars and they are the pinnacle of 60’s Strat tone for me. You can swap them back if you want, but just factor in the time you will need to swap back to the RF’s again afterwards.     (Josephina’s are included of course)

The 2 best neck profiles to be found on Strats for me personally. The 10/56 soft V fills the palm perfectly, and the ‘65 C has a nice meaty feel if you like something slightly fatter than the more regular C carve. Both really lovely.

PM me with any questions.

Todd Krause ‘58: £4,750

Jason Smith ‘61:      withdrawn this one for the moment

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Wow. Stunners. GLWTS.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 727
    Lovely. 

FYI, last time I withdraw something and deleted the price, people seemed to get their knickers in a twist and I got an odd message from the mods.  No idea why, but thought I’d mention it. 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16622
    brucegill said:
    Lovely. 

FYI, last time I withdraw something and deleted the price, people seemed to get their knickers in a twist and I got an odd message from the mods.  No idea why, but thought I’d mention it. 

Classifieds rules innit bruv: 

When appropriate, update the thread to include “SOLD”(or whatever is appropriate) in the title and opening post. DO NOT delete the price or any other content.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I did the same and got told off by one of the members pretending to be a mod ;-)

Stunning masterbuilts - good luck with the sale. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9941
    Great photography and amazing looking guitars. I always have a beef that on the team built, they always fade the 3 tone to 2 tone and most vintage strats retain a bit of red. Yours are perfect, utterly perfect.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4311
    Thanks Chris. Must be a happy accident with the photography, as was just firing away with the iPad.   :)

Note: I wasn’t aware of the rule re. price if you are withdrawing something from sale, so my apologies for rousing the forum busybodies from their stupor. Happy for the mods to reinstate the price, I can’t even remember what it was.  =)