SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn

What's Hot
Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
edited November 2022 in Guitars £

Harmony Juno

This is a great small-bodied guitar. Made in the USA at the Heritage factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It has a nitrocellulose finish and locking tuners.

It has a mahogany neck and body, and a rosewood fingerboard.

I’ve not played it much at all. I prefer the neck on my Harmony Rebel. The neck on this is probably around Fender deep C size.

The hand wound gold foil P90s sound great - like all Harmony pickups - full as expected from a P90 but with some sparkle a bit like a filtertron. It’s lightweight too, weighing 6lb 3oz (2.8kg).

I can’t find a mark on it. Let me know if you have any questions.

It comes with a mono stealth case, which retails at about £175.

I restrung it with D’addario NYXL 10s about a week ago.

There are some more photos here (only camera phone photos at the moment): https://imgur.com/a/5Dcx1ng

I'd like £900 (PPG/Bank Transfer) including UK postage - Price drop to £850 - withdrawn

Here’s some info from Harmony:

The Harmony Juno is what we imagine small body guitars to be — compact yet capable of powerful sound. Its genuine mahogany body is lightweight, perfectly balanced and comfortable in the hands of any musician.

Crafted with a pair of hand-wound gold foil P90 pickups, the Juno offers warm and rich harmonics that roar with an attitude once you push this wonderful guitar into overdrive. A push/pull Master Volume pot adds even more tonal versatility — just pull it up to recreate the effect of a rolled-off tone knob.

Specifications

Body Material Genuine mahogany

Body Color Champagne

Body Finish Nitrocellulose

Fretboard Material Rosewood

Fretboard Radius 12"

Fret Size Medium jumbo

Neck Width 1-11/16"

Neck Profile "C"

Neck Material Genuine mahogany

Neck Finish Nitrocellulose

Nut Material Bone

Scale Length 25"

No. of Frets 22

Fretboard Inlays Dot

Pickups Custom gold foil P90 (neck & bridge)

Controls Master volume (Push/Pull), 3-way toggle switch

Electronics Orange drop capacitor

Bridge Custom half-bridge with compensated saddles

Tuning Machines Locking

Hardware Finish Chrome

Control Knobs Custom cupcake

Switch Tip Chrome

Case MONO Stealth Electric Guitar Case Mini

Country of Origin USA

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
    edited November 2022
    Harmony Silhouette - Flame Maple Top 

This is a really striking guitar. The flame maple top looks great. I imported it from the USA at fairly significant cost. I’m selling it because I have a Harmony Rebel, and this is too similar.

This may well be the only flame maple Harmony Silhouette in the UK. I contacted the retailer about buying another flame maple Harmony (Juno) and was told that they shouldn’t have exported the one I already had.

The hand-wound gold foil mini-humbuckers sound great. Kind of like a thicker telecaster.

It has an Alder body with a flame maple cap, a maple neck with an ebony fingerboard and a nitrocellulose finish. It’s made in the USA at the Heritage factory in Kalamazoo.

It’s lightweight, weighing 7lb 5oz (3.3kg)

It has a small dink near the jack socket and a couple of other imperfections that are photographed. Otherwise, it is in really good condition. These imperfections came to me from the shop. There isn’t any play wear as far as I can see.

It has locking tuners and it comes with a mono vertigo case, which cost around £200 on their own.

It has been restrung with D’addario NYXL 10s.

Here’s some info from Harmony

Description & Specs

Boasting a unique off-set shape that is both sleek and comfortable, and uncomplicated wiring of our custom Harmony gold foils; the Harmony Silhouette is the perfect guitar for players looking for a new playing experience. Made in Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA.

Body Wood: Alder

Top Wood: Flame Maple

Body Finish: Nitrocellulose

Neck Wood: Maple

Neck Profile: C

Nut Width: 1 11/16"

Fingerboard Wood: Ebony

Number of Frets: 22

Nut Material: Bone

Position Inlays: Dot

Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose

Scale length: 25"

Fingerboard Radius: 12"

Fret Size: Medium Jumbo

Bridge Pickup: Custom Goldfoil Minihumbucker

Neck Pickup: Custom Goldfoil Minihumbucker

Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 3-Way Toggle Switch

Others: Orange Drop Capacitor

Bridge: Custom Half-Bridge with Compensated Saddles

Hardware Finish: Chrome

Tuning Machines: Locking

Control Knobs: Custom Cupcake

Switch Tip: Chrome

Case: MONO Vertigo

More photos here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I'd like £999 (PPG or bank transfer) including UK postage - Price drop to £900 - withdrawn
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2022
    Harmony Comet - withdrawn for now 

This Harmony Comet sounds great. And I'm pretty torn on whether to sell it. As with the others, it is made at the Heritage factory in the USA (Kalamazoo). It has a pair of hand-wound gold foil humbuckers. They have the thickness and depth of a humbucker, but with some brightness. Almost like a fuller sounding filtertron. The push/pull master volume gives out of phase sounds too.

It has a carved mahogany top and back, a nitrocellulose finish and a rosewood fingerboard. It has a bone nut and mahogany neck. It has an orange drop capacitor and locking tuners too.

It weighs just 6lbs (2.7kg).

I’ve had it from new and I’ve hardly played it. I have a Harmony Rebel with the same pickups that suits my music style better. They are too similar to justify keeping both.

There are a couple of very minor imperfections and a few marks from playing, but nothing that I can really photograph. The most significant is a small mark on the pick guard which is photographed.

It comes with a great quality mono vertigo case that retails around £200 on its own.

These are out of stock in the UK with a waiting time of over three months.

I’ve recently restrung it with D’addario NYXL 10s.

Here’s some info from the manufacturer:

Inspired by the original Harmony H72 of the '60s, the Comet represents the very first semi-hollow electric guitar in our lineup of cherished musical instruments.

This double cutaway guitar has an immaculately carved genuine mahogany top and back for warm, well-rounded and acoustic-like tone. The addition of a center block minimizes feedback, and the long-tenon set neck construction increases sustain.

Custom gold foil humbuckers provide sheer musical enjoyment for players who love rock, blues and more, while the push/pull master volume pot extends the Comet's tonal possibilities by engaging incredible out-of-phase sounds.

A six-in-line headstock pays homage to the original H72's iconic look, and premium hardware ensures that the Comet will never lose its appeal.

Specifications

Body Material Genuine mahogany

Body Color Trans Red

Body Finish Nitrocellulose

Fretboard Material Rosewood

Fretboard Radius 12"

Fret Size Medium jumbo

Neck Width 1 11/16"

Neck Profile "C"

Neck Material Genuine mahogany

Neck Finish Nitrocellulose

Nut Material Bone

Scale Length 25"

No. of Frets 22

Fretboard Inlays Dot

Pickups Custom gold foil humbuckers (neck & bridge)

Controls Master volume (Push/Pull), master tone, 3-way toggle switch

Electronics Orange drop capacitor

Bridge TOM bridge and tailpiece

Tuning Machines Locking

Hardware Finish Chrome

Control Knobs Custom cupcake

Switch Tip Chrome

Case MONO Vertigo™ Electric Guitar Case

Country of Origin USA

There are more photographs here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Withdrawn for now 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The reason I'm selling three Harmony guitars, is that I bought a Harmony Rebel and loved it so much that I went and bought almost all the new Harmony range. They are all different, but quite similar. Not different enough to keep them. I have an incoming guitar, so it's time to make some room and lose some money reselling some nearly new guitars!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6075
    If I wasn’t poorer than the mouse that the church mouse takes pity on, I’d be very pulled by that Juno. 

If you’re looking at these and haven’t bought a guitar from Rich before, you really should. 100% pure top gent material. 
  • That silhouette is a thing of beauty 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1906
    The Comet speaks to me hard, someone should get that for sure.
    dazzajl said:
    If I wasn’t poorer than the mouse that the church mouse takes pity on, I’d be very pulled by that Juno. 

If you’re looking at these and haven’t bought a guitar from Rich before, you really should. 100% pure top gent material. 
    P/x towards that Fidelity of yours…?  ;)

Thanks for the kind words
    Rich31k said:
    dazzajl said:

I’ve only just got it back. Which kind of leads on to the very echoey piggy bank.  :3
    dazzajl said:
    Rich31k said:
    dazzajl said:

I’ve only just got it back. Which kind of leads on to the very echoey piggy bank.  :3
    Ah. That’s fair enough. 

Well if you ever get bored with it, just give me a shout. 

With one incoming and a need to balance the books, I shouldn’t be thinking about another guitar!
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Rich31k said:
    dazzajl said:
    Rich31k said:
    dazzajl said:

Ah. That’s fair enough. 

With one incoming and a need to balance the books, I shouldn’t be thinking about another guitar!
    There may be a dibs issue, I'm afraid... :p
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    Rich31k said:
    dazzajl said:
    Rich31k said:
    dazzajl said:

Ah. That’s fair enough. 

There may be a dibs issue, I'm afraid... :p
    It has returned on the promise of first refusal to Uncle Stephen if it ever leaves again. I’m rather hoping to disappoint you both of course ;)
    No worries here. If it comes back one day, that’s good but I’m in no rush. Plenty more guitars in the sea… or something like that. 
  • I’ve had my eye on the Harmony Juno since I saw someone playing fingerstyle on it on Anderton’s YouTube channel. 
    I’ve had my eye on the Harmony Juno since I saw someone playing fingerstyle on it on Anderton’s YouTube channel. 
    I play fingerstyle primarily and went for Harmony for the same reason. 

Bump with price drops.
    Bump with price drops - Don’t think I’ll go any lower.

Juno - £800

Silhouette - £850
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m very tempted by the Juno. I’ll decide over the weekend.
    I’m very tempted by the Juno. I’ll decide over the weekend.
    If you have any questions in the meantime, just let me know 
  • Rich31k said:

Juno - £800

Silhouette - £850
    Those are cracking prices. Not surprised you’ve changed your mind on the Comet, that’s got to be the coolest one of the Harmony range. GLWTS 
    Rich31k said:

Juno - £800

Silhouette - £850
    Those are cracking prices. Not surprised you’ve changed your mind on the Comet, that’s got to be the coolest one of the Harmony range. GLWTS 
    Thank you. They are all great guitars. Really well made. Having spent a few hours playing them today, I think I’m going to keep them for the time being. 

I’d have the spend a lot to get anything like the quality in future.