SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 2017 Custom Shop M2M VOS 60s Les Paul DC Special SOLD

What's Hot
Bluesman1989Bluesman1989 Frets: 66
edited November 2022 in Guitars £
EDIT - The credit cards have come out and I'm buying the Standard! I only want what I've paid for the big Les so £1850 gets this beast! At this price postage/fuel is extra and if its not cash/bank transfer on collection/meet up I'll politely ask you add the PayPal fees on. 

The eagle eyed among you may recognise this one- it does stand out! A lovely Custom Shop DC Junior with a Firebird neck pickup. 

After years of acoustic only, I swapped my way onto this as a way to try and get back into electric. It worked! Sounds and plays as good as it looks. The 60s style neck/nice low action allow for some widdly-woo fast stuff if you wanted to break away from traditional blues/rock, it can funk and stuff. Can it jazz? I wouldn't know. 

Sadly I dont have enough cash to just buy another Gibson and I'm massively after a full fat Les Paul. I've seen a few late 80s/early 90s for sale and that's really what I'm after. Cash will be going straight at one, but if you happened to have something to trade, let me know. Alternatively, I've been considering a Slash Signature. 

I was offered 2k as a px value against a Slash Victoria, so I'm sticking with the OPs price of £2050 which covers PayPal fees and postage/fuel. 

I'll give it a couple of weeks and if no takers I'll probably just go for the Slash model. 

Custom Shop case, certificate, key and the hang tags are all there. Strap button was moved to the upper horn and there is a small mark on the lower

I hope its ok to use the OPs post as the images never work when I try and they're all nice and available here! 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/220376/

Edit - if anyone localish to Hastings is selling a Code 25 I'd be very interested!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What’s the neck like on her?
  • What’s the neck like on her?
    Slim 60s. Fast and smooth. Nice spacing between the strings. I've got full specs for the guitar saved in a file ... somewhere 
  • Is it wine red or cherry? It looks quite dark in the photos but I was wondering if that’s just the photos.
  • Is it wine red or cherry? It looks quite dark in the photos but I was wondering if that’s just the photos.
    I was told Cherry. It looks very similar to a heritage cherry SG I've seen. I emailed Gibson this morning asking if they would be able to supply the full spec. (I'm still hoping I can find it on the computer!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5664
    Is it wine red or cherry? It looks quite dark in the photos but I was wondering if that’s just the photos.
    Definitely cherry but there can be a huge variation in what comes out of Gibson in this colour (and most others).
  • Thanks @Bluesman1989 ;
    I was told Cherry. It looks very similar to a heritage cherry SG I've seen. I emailed Gibson this morning asking if they would be able to supply the full spec. (I'm still hoping I can find it on the computer!)
    Thanks @Bluesman - it’s such a cool guitar and I liked it when it was up before, I just didn’t have the funds together and ended up buying a new TV Yellow LP Special. 
    Thanks @Bluesman - it’s such a cool guitar and I liked it when it was up before, I just didn’t have the funds together and ended up buying a new TV Yellow LP Special. 
    TV Yellow ... pretty sure that colour has emptied the bank of many a guitar player! Hope you're enjoying your new friend 
  • There's an exceptionally nice Standard just gone up for sale so I'm dropping the price to £1950 while its available!
  • I’ve messaged you