SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD FS Godin XTSA as new + Roland GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer £600

What's Hot
notanonnotanon Frets: 624
edited December 2022 in Guitars £
Hi all,

I purchased the Godin XTSA from @TTony a few years ago as I wanted to experiment with Synthesizer aspect.

Still in the same condition, as new.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/169146/sold-godin-xtsa-as-new-600#latest

Tony's pictures seem to have expired. His were far better. In the meantime try this

I will embed later on the computer.

I am limited on space and time so decided to sell. I will also throw in a Roland GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer bought from here for £295. Complete with cables ping me for more details.

I am based near Swansea but travel to Bristol often. I don't want to deal with couriers.

I am sure came with hard case, I will check the attic.

I am being brutal here with rationalising and I'm sure people will understand this is a bargain and a half. No offers, I don't need to sell, I hate guitars not being used.

The guitar is truly exceptional quality. If it didn't have a socket for the synth I'd probably keep it but seems wrong to 'waste' it's potential.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28245
    Steal.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 624
    TTony said:
    Steal.
    Agreed, I am not going to be sad if the guitar doesn't sell. I'd like somebody to create something awesome with that synth.

The synth has been upgraded with a patch from Canada I can track down the emails if somebody interested. Stops any ghost notes.

I have all the software needed and additional patches too.

edited December 2022
    This is the patch. I work with computers, a simple (and reversible) patch. 

Took 4 weeks to get that through customs.

I'm starting to think I should find more space and get back into this
  • Hey, I've thought about a similar kind of guitar before.  How is the tracking....so if you were to set it up for a piano sound.....and effectively shredded....would it track the notes?  I know a lot of guitars won't but not sure in the scenario of what I think is a piezo / midi 'pickup' per string?  Thanks, Andy
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 881
    PMd
    Sorry to those that missed out on the bargain. Sold to a local member. Pending transfer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I am now thinking what have I done, lots of people wanting to purchase as it is a real bargain. If @jaymenon does not get along with it then I will pass on the details of those that have shown an interest, that is about the best I can do. Sorry if you missed out.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28245
    notanon said:
    I am now thinking what have I done, lots of people wanting to purchase as it is a real bargain.

At that price, I had to think myself out of buying it back!

Luckily I have a GR20, so no need of the GR55, and I'm the other side of the country, so couriers would have been needed, which made my thinking a little easier.

It's a very well made, quality guitar, and ridiculously versatile.  Proper bargain.  At least it went to Jay rather than a flipper.
    :+1:
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    notanon said:
    I am now thinking what have I done, lots of people wanting to purchase as it is a real bargain.

At that price, I had to think myself out of buying it back!

Luckily I have a GR20, so no need of the GR55, and I'm the other side of the country, so couriers would have been needed, which made my thinking a little easier.

It's a very well made, quality guitar, and ridiculously versatile.  Proper bargain.  At least it went to Jay rather than a flipper.
    :+1:
    Yep, @TTony I did worry about flipping. I checked length of time people had been registered on the fretboard but not sure that would be sufficient indicator.

I really do like the guitar but it begs to be used as built - lots of fun with the Synth.. I did warn Jay that the amount of things to explore can steal time :-)
  • andyg_prsandyg_prs Frets: 64
    edited December 2022
    Any opinions on the newer versions with the richlite ‘board? I’m not good at waiting.

Also how about the neck profile? I’ve heard talk of the LGX SA model having a nicer neck?

None of this is intended as a slight on this great deal - I was hoping I was next in line
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15014
    andyg_prs said:
    How is the tracking....so if you were to set it up for a piano sound.....and effectively shredded....would it track the notes?  I know a lot of guitars won't but not sure in the scenario of what I think is a piezo / midi 'pickup' per string?  Thanks, Andy
    Guitar synthesis tracking comes in two classes - Internal and MIDI. The former is fine for most things. Expect to feel rather than hear a triggering delay. External triggering via MIDI introduces an additional conversion process. Depending on the chosen synth sound, there will be audible triggering delay.

In the specific case of Piano sounds, simple single note melodies will sound believable but complex polyphony invariably sounds stilted - even if you can Travis pick like Tommy Emmanuel.

Part of the problem is the voice architecture of the GR-55. Each piano note is created by four layered and cross-faded samples taken between p and ff. This was just about acceptable on the ROMpler instruments of thirty years ago. Today, it is a joke.

My recollection of the GR-55 is that the editing is pretty limited. The time envelope is directly tied to the mechanical sustain of your guitar. Some times, this is the best approach. Some sounds work better when triggered by a staccato string note and, then, left for the filter and amplitude envelopes to run their course.

Anybody happy to use a GR-55 as a preset machine might as well have bought the GR-20 or a BOSS SY pedal.

Roland's best tracking was on the GR-300 and -100 floor units. I use the venerable VG-99. It really ought to have been superseded by now.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.