SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

I like Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars, what have you?

What's Hot
ChéChé Frets: 305
Hi all,

Getting a nice collection of Music Man guitars and really enjoying them. 
Currently have a Valentine, Stringray RS and Cutlass. 

Interesting in trying some different ones, maybe a Luke and Albert Lee HH, anyone selling any?

Cheers,
Shaun
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 621
    Not selling but have a morse original, Y2D and a JP6 BFR. All are superbly built guitars. If you ever Wssex way you are welcome to have a play.
    I know @chenzman had a reasonably prices clean Silhouette for sale a while back. You don't see many EBMM come up. Thise that do tend to be high prices. Apollo music had a fair priced albert lee Hh with solid rosewood neck that gave me many sleepless nights  good luck with the hunt
  • chenzmanchenzman Frets: 196
    Cheers @bazxkr the silhouette has now gone to another home after trading it
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 621
    chenzman said:
    Cheers @bazxkr the silhouette has now gone to another home after trading it
    Just in time for another incoming from santa lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6074
    I don’t have anything to sell but as our very own @DrCornelius said to me, nothing sits on your lap
    and cups a moob quite like a St Vincent. Fabulous guitars in other ways too. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10512
    dazzajl said:
    I don’t have anything to sell but as our very own @DrCornelius said to me, nothing sits on your lap
    and cups a moob quite like a St Vincent. Fabulous guitars in other ways too. 
    Very poor upper registry access though. 
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    I'm assuming you're after a 6 string guitar, but maybe worth mentioning that I'm planning to sell my MusicMan USA John Petrucci 7 string guitar, BFR, hard case, etcetera
  • I might let one of my Majesty sixes go for the right price. 2021 models so have the updated and significantly improved electronics and none of the awful standard finishes they released this year.
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    Thanks for the messages everyone. Majesty’s look cool but aren’t my thing I’m afraid @jasonbone75 ;

@dazzajl I’m not quite in moon territory yet! :D
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3389
    edited December 2022
    Not selling but I love my EBMM Albert Lee HH.

Great carved rosewood neck and I prefer this size and profile to the smaller and for me, slightly cramped, Luke necks (I think it's the same neck as on the St.Vincent).

The specially-designed Dimarzio pickups are the ones they designed with EVH and on a
    5-way selector and combined with the solid rosewood neck and mahogany body, it's like having a LP meets a Tele and it's fairly lightweight, too, and it rocks and spanks.

The shape took me a while to get used to but it's in all black and it works for me.

The SSS version is ok but if you can find a P90 or rarer SSH version, they're quite something.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a 2008 Axis the gold/orangey quilt colour that i'd be open to moving on
  • I’m with @Kebabkid re the Albert Lee HH. Fabulously versatile, great range of sounds, light, comfortable, stunning neck. I have an ‘09 HH in Coral Red. My top two gigging guitars these days are this and an ‘88 Clapton Strat. Not much musically that they can’t handle. Dunno about me though !
  • I have a Music Man Reflex I'm thinking of selling, would that be of interest?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have an Axis Supersport BFR in blue if that would suit?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    I’m with @Kebabkid re the Albert Lee HH. Fabulously versatile, great range of sounds, light, comfortable, stunning neck. I have an ‘09 HH in Coral Red. My top two gigging guitars these days are this and an ‘88 Clapton Strat. Not much musically that they can’t handle. Dunno about me though !
    Me too........incredible versatile guitar ,love it .Neck is superb but I never knew the Luke was even smaller .....I struggle with Albert every time I've played another guitar then pick it up ......feels like a toy for 5 minutes !
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3389
    Dominic said:
    I’m with @Kebabkid re the Albert Lee HH. Fabulously versatile, great range of sounds, light, comfortable, stunning neck. I have an ‘09 HH in Coral Red. My top two gigging guitars these days are this and an ‘88 Clapton Strat. Not much musically that they can’t handle. Dunno about me though !
    Me too........incredible versatile guitar ,love it .Neck is superb but I never knew the Luke was even smaller .....I struggle with Albert every time I've played another guitar then pick it up ......feels like a toy for 5 minutes !
    Actually, I've looked back at the neck specs online between the Luke and AL and there are some profile differences but I'm not so sure now the Luke is smaller. All I know is that it feels cramped in comparison to the AL and most other guitars I've played.
  • Having owned an AL and a Luke at the same time I can say for certain the Luke neck feels considerably smaller. How that translates to measurements I don’t know, but profile plays a part. I let the Luke go even though it played itself and the AL is my main gigging guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I had an AL SSS a while back and never bonded with it so sold it on. I played an AL HH in my local guitar store years ago and remember it playing lovely. I didn't end up buying it and went the PRS route and eventually found myself back here. The thing I do remember is it sounded great with lead lines but chords sounded muddy, not sure if a pickup change would sort that or the amp I was using. I'm way more knowledgable with tone and dialling in amps now so I'd like to try it out again. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4245
    From personal experience, I’d avoid a Luke unless you are a fan of narrow nuts,,, oooer missus, that and poor electronics ruined my experience with mine . . The Majesty has a neck with the structural integrity of wet pasta but the JP6 and JP7 I owned were great, horses for courses YMMV etc etc 
  • ReflexReflex Frets: 62
    DasTurnip said:
    I have a Music Man Reflex I'm thinking of selling, would that be of interest?

I had an Axis Sport, an AL sss and a Reflex. For me the Reflex was on another level.
    DasTurnip said:
    I have a Music Man Reflex I'm thinking of selling, would that be of interest?
    Hey man, you got a photo?