SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: PRS Hollowbody II SE - boxed as new

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
NOW SOLD

This is the post I did warn might happen in my NGD review https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/238699/ngd-prs-se-black-friday-whim/p1 , but at least I'm reliable and consistent... before I get to my advert, a bit about pricing - just want to be totally up front and honest. As it's clear from my NGD post, I bought this guitar very recently and benefitted from a great deal. As this guitar is now second hand, it would now be reasonable to expect it to be cheaper, although I am going to ask what I paid for it, primarily on the basis that even new, this guitar was less than most second hand examples. Therefore my asking price is based on current second hand prices (and in fact cheaper that many) rather than relative to my purchase price - I hope that seems fair and reasonable.

PRS SE Hollowbody II - £600 (plus p&p)

Here's a gorgeous and new Paul Reed Smith Hollowbody II (from their SE range)!

I did what many of us guitarists do - I bought this less than 2 months ago on a whim, spending some money which was earmarked for something else... it's a wonderful guitar which completely overturned my (snobbish) prejudices about PRS's SE range. The spec, build quality, playability and tones of this guitar really are exceptionally good.

For those who are unfamiliar with this model - here's the run down:

BODY - hollow construction, with just a centre block under the bridge and pickups, making it very light and resonant. The top and back are maple laminate, and although only subtly figured, it's very pretty.

NECK - 22 fret, 25" scale length wide fat mahogany neck with ebony fretboard (and yes, bird inlays)

HARDWARE - PRS Adjustable Stoptail, and standard PRS tuners. Tuning stability and intonation is excellent.

ELECTRONICS - pickups are a pair of 58/15s controlled by a Volume and Tone Control w/ 3-Way Toggle Pickup Switch

As you can see, it's a stunning guitar in brand new condition (any light marks on the pictures are reflections). It has the various tags still in place and comes with the original hard case and packaging.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Secondhand or not, that's still a LOT of guitar for the money! GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28245
    That is a fine looking and, I’d wager, a fine playing & sounding guitar, for a bargaintastic price.

I succumbed eventually and bought the piezo version (I had 2 in the house at one point) and have just - a few hours ago - swapped my original non-piezo version for a bundle of notes.  

I only sold it because it made absolutely no sense whatsoever to have both the piezo and non-piezo version.

Despite logical-brain’s reasoning, it was still hard to part with my non-piezo one as it’s far from the worst guitar in my house.  My wife even questioned why I was selling it and maybe I’d regret it!

Are you absolutely sure @RevMatt ?  ;)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6074
    SE or not, I think that’s the loveliest looking PRS I’ve seen. Just the right amount of flash and bling for my taste. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice at a very nice price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Frets: 210
    edited December 2022
    TTony said:
    That is a fine looking and, I’d wager, a fine playing & sounding guitar, for a bargaintastic price.

I succumbed eventually and bought the piezo version (I had 2 in the house at one point) and have just - a few hours ago - swapped my original non-piezo version for a bundle of notes.  

I only sold it because it made absolutely no sense whatsoever to have both the piezo and non-piezo version.

Despite logical-brain’s reasoning, it was still hard to part with my non-piezo one as it’s far from the worst guitar in my house.  My wife even questioned why I was selling it and maybe I’d regret it!

Are you absolutely sure @RevMatt ?  

Maybe time for a blue one?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
    Thanks for all the comments 
    Now on eBay attracting a lot of watchers but cheaper here...
  • Pm’d