SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: 3k to spend on the right custom shop tele/strat - what you got?!

What's Hot
Ideal guitar would be a white relic hs tele.  Otherwise consider anything!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 396
    56 Fiesta Red Strat and 500 change :) 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28387
    If you're not dead-set on the "big F" I'd offer a suggestion to go find a Danocaster.

There's a lovely white Strat-style ebay that you could probably squeeze down close to 3k - it's been advertised for ages

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=danocaster&_sacat=0
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14105

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 742
    tFB Trader
    2004 ‘51 Nocaster Custom Shop? 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 792
    edited January 2023
    Devils advocate comment - ignore if not bothered!

Would an 'off the shelf' CS model (or one made to somebody else's specs for that matter) be such a significant step up from a brand spanking new, factory-freah American Vintage reissue plus £1k change?

Of course if you want a CS and you have the money and have your heart set on it! Just a thought. 

Edit - I mention this as was considering a CS build for my 40th birthday present to myself, but then Fender went and brought out the '66 AV Jazzmaster in lake placid blue with blocks and binding and a matching headstock, which is exactly what I'd have ordered, but possibly with a Mustang bridge. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think it would yes.   I’m lucky enough to have a few Strats and my cs guitars are way better than my non cs guitars.  Lighter. Better finish, ring out more etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9941
    Devils advocate comment - ignore if not bothered!

Would an 'off the shelf' CS model (or one made to somebody else's specs for that matter) be such a significant step up from a brand spanking new, factory-freah American Vintage reissue plus £1k change?

Of course if you want a CS and you have the money and have your heart set on it! Just a thought. 

Edit - I mention this as was considering a CS build for my 40th birthday present to myself, but then Fender went and brought out the '66 AV Jazzmaster in lake placid blue with blocks and binding and a matching headstock, which is exactly what I'd have ordered, but possibly with a Mustang bridge. 
    Given the build quality I’ve seen on the av 2 range - absolutely. Also depends if you want vintage specs - especially radius and frets
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As @chris78 says, spec matters and that bit of extra quality. I’ve had a few well regarded teles including AV52 but ultimately moved them on eg the AV52 was just a bit too big in fretting hand with the U neck, vintage frets and 7.25. I’ve ended up with a 65c Nocaster with 9.5 and medium jumbos that’s staying for a long time.

Oddly it’s not the specs I might have put on paper but it’s the one that felt and sounded fantastic.