SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Charvel DK22 sold

What's Hot
lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3468
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
Got this last year, and found it to be the perfect 'superstrat' just the right side on vintage feel. Mint and stock except for a Duncan Cool Rail in neck. Covers all ground well too. Light, roasted maple neck, Electric Blue.  Just lovely, but never used and as usual when you need cash, its them that go first.  can post 

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8962
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:
    Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Can post too
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2514
    Are the photos from before the Cool Rail was fitted, or do they have actual pole pieces in spite of the name?
  • StefB said:
    Are the photos from before the Cool Rail was fitted, or do they have actual pole pieces in spite of the name?
    Oh yeah, there’s one photo there from before the cool rail was fitted! No the cool rail is blades like a hot rail, just more suited to neck position (I think)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    StefB said:
    Oh yeah, there’s one photo there from before the cool rail was fitted! No the cool rail is blades like a hot rail, just more suited to neck position (I think)
    Great, thanks for clarifying.

Both photos (and their URLs) are the same by the way...
  • StefB said:
    StefB said:

is link not to the gallery of about 10 pics?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29638
    It is a link to a gallery for me.

That's a fine looking instrument. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    StefB said:
    StefB said:

is link not to the gallery of about 10 pics?
    It is, sorry, my mistake.
  • Price drop bump for a beauty! 
    Is the Cool Rail wired to tap/split in positions 3 or 4 at all like the bridge pickup does in 2 & 3?

"You might see a five-way switch on a three-pickup guitar and think you know what to expect, but you’d be wrong here. Position one is the bridge pickup in full humbucking mode, position two the inner coil of the bridge pickup and the middle unit, position three is a Tele-style pairing of the bridge pickup’s outer coil and the neck pickup, position four the middle and neck, and position five the neck pickup in splendid isolation."
  • StefB said:
    Is the Cool Rail wired to tap/split in positions 3 or 4 at all like the bridge pickup does in 2 & 3?

"You might see a five-way switch on a three-pickup guitar and think you know what to expect, but you’d be wrong here. Position one is the bridge pickup in full humbucking mode, position two the inner coil of the bridge pickup and the middle unit, position three is a Tele-style pairing of the bridge pickup’s outer coil and the neck pickup, position four the middle and neck, and position five the neck pickup in splendid isolation."
    Yup, thats exactly right.  
    StefB said:

Great, thanks.

Is the original Duncan SSL-6 RWRP neck pickup included in the sale?

Sorry for so many questions, genuinely interested in the guitar.
  • StefB said:
    StefB said:

Great, thanks.

Is the original Duncan SSL-6 RWRP neck pickup included in the sale?

Sorry for so many questions, genuinely interested in the guitar.
    It can be. Its sat in a drawer and I was gonna whack it in a strat when I could be bothered. Its mint. Been restrung twice and gigged probably the same. It wouldnt go anywhere if I didnt need to raise some cash. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    I like this. Also bridge pup is angled in the correct direction

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Seen something I want so price dropped again