SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Provisionally sold: PRS Swamp Ash Special *price drop*

What's Hot
handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1009
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
PRS Swamp Ash Special 1999. Now £1450 I'd take £1400 if anyone can collect it from Suffolk.

Beautiful Birdseye maple neck. Plays like a dream. Has the earlier sought after 'round edged' McCarty pickups.

3 way switch upgraded to a Freeway 6 way switch to allow lots of extra sounds (original switch included).
One bank is the usual bridge, bridge and neck, neck, and the other bank is bridge and middle, middle, and middle and neck, and then the push pull splits the coils which have had the DGT spec resistors added in to avoid the volume drop.

It is genuinely the most versatile PRS you will ever play capable of very stratty sounds but also typical double humbucker sounds as well and every combination between.

Only selling because I have another Swamp ash special in blue.

Trades:
PRS Custom 22.
PRS Silver Sky USA
Xotic XSC
Feel free to try me with anything else similar, especially PRS.

Based in Suffolk near Ipswich. Collection very much preferred but may be willing to travel or ship it if you arrange the courier. 

Comes with original PRS hard case and hang tag.

Not a case Queen with some little dings here and there when you get up close but as you can see from the pictures nothing that looks awful once you're a meter from the guitar!

Pics!

UPDATE: A comment was made below about the neck/strings being slightly misaligned. This is a common easily resolved issue with bolt on guitars and it simply need the neck slackening off and tweaking over and retightening as detailed below. See the 'After' photos to see it's been resolved.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    That’s lovely Rik 

gkwts 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Stunner!
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1009
    edited January 2023
    Bump. Price drop
  • Nice! What neck profile does it have?
    edited January 2023
    Wide Fat I believe. It’s a poor description though. It’s very comfortable (and I have quite small hands!)
  • Bump
  • Are you aware of the misaligned neck?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TBH I wasn't aware of it! I've been playing it for a year and never even noticed it. The guitar plays as well as any of the other 3 core PRS that I have.

The slight misalignment looks worse in the pictures than in person and I suspect that as this is a bolt on neck that It simply needs the neck screws loosening and the neck nudging over and retightening. I've seen the same thing with other bolt on guitars after the neck has been removed during a set up and reinstalled. There is no problem with the guitar.

I'll have a proper look when I get a free evening but I'd be amazed if its anything more than needing a slight adjustment.

• rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 853
    edited January 2023
    Ooof! Misaligned neck mate I’ll give you £50 for it! lol! Lovely that is! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2023
    Regarding the 'misaligned neck' comment, I have done as I suggested, and as I suspected all that was required was a loosening of the neck bolts and a little tweak over and retighten. As you can see the strings are now much more central and they sit more evenly over the pole pieces.

Just looking on YouTube there are many videos about this very thing and it's a common simple adjustment that needs making with bolt on neck guitars (even high end guitars).

TBH I'd have preferred it if @daisie_guitar could have private messaged me about it rather than put everyone off my listing when there's nothing wrong with the guitar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1350
    I don't think it put anyone off. Not serious buyers for sure. Beautiful guitar you have there, GLWTS. 
  • First prs I ever really wanted was a SAS, that neck is unbelievable!!!
    edited January 2023
    @thetomsk it’s yours if you want it!

https://imgur.io/Xkf4Or1

• @handsomerik I'm glad you were able to solve it and sorry if I caused any stress, but after a claim like "as you can see from the pictures nothing that looks awful once you're a meter from the guitar!" I had to speak up. You would have had to address it anyway and my assumption was that if you really didn't notice it, had no intention of selling it like this, a public comment would have made no damage to an honest person, but give you a chance to deal with it publicly and demonstrate good qualities... I'm sure my comment did not put anyone off, quite the opposite, there might have been potential buyers who say the issue and your description and then assume the worst...

There are multiple possible reason for a misalignment like that, could have been a shrunk neck pocket gripping it tightly (has happened to me!), or even worse, a sideways neck bow, which is very difficult to fix if possible at all. To me this was a huge red flag.

If noone else noticed it and let you know about it in a private message, then the added bonus of the public discussion is knowledge sharing within the community.
  • Fair enough. I would always make sure the buyer was completely happy before taking it away anyway. 

I’m glad it was easily resolvable. 

I had genuinely been playing it like that for a year and I hadn’t noticed it as being a problem. I do play quite a few different guitars with various string spacing and scale lengths etc so I guess I just adapt and play without too much thought unless anything is majorly off or out of tune which it wasn’t. :-)