SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Cornford Carrera

What's Hot
CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
edited January 2015 in Amps £
Back up for sale due to possible house move is my Cornford Carrera.  Great 1x12 6W combo which absolutely sings!  Sounds great at bedroom levels and cranks up loud enough for rehearsals and small gigs, although would be best mic'd for gigs.  Also surprisingly versatile.

I have owned this from new.  Bought from Andertons about two years ago.  Light use at home, mainly used for rehearsals and only gigged once.  Its in great condition, one small mark in the tolex which I have taken a picture of.  More pics here:

I didn't like the V30 that the amp came with so I replaced it with an Eminence Wizard.  The amp is quite dark sounding and I think the speaker change did help brighten the tone.  I also made the speaker cable long enough so that the combo can be used as an extension cab.

Since I originally put this on the board in September I have put new preamp valves in (Tungsols) and a new EL84 (TAD).

Looking for £550, collection only.  No trades, thanks.  I'm based in Redhill, Surrey.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1362
    Ooh...nice.  I wonder if I need two of these?  :)
  • I think the answer is yes!  A Carrera stack would look quite cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Was quite close to a sale which didn't work out but I have already spent the money in my head so price drop to try and get a sale.
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Back up for sale.  Amended original post.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1362
    edited January 2015
    CHrisP86 said:
    I also made the speaker cable long enough so that the combo can be used as an extension cab.

Oh dear...that's almost good enough reason for me to fall...I can use it as extension cab AND have a backup...

Lordy helpeth me...

Oh wait, collection only - phew!  Saved.  :)
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2057

I sold mine in November.  Have missed it ever since.  Sadly the money I got for it has now been, erm, absorbed by the maelstrom that is Christmas with two daughters under 8 years old. 

GLWTS [sniffs. balefully]

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Bump