Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone done a USA roadtrip ?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10682
    Currently at kenedy space centre looked at the space shuttle :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SpiderSpider Frets: 130
    Danny1969 said:
    Currently at kenedy space centre looked at the space shuttle :)
    Don't light the blue touchpaper, they get a bit upset if one go's off unexpected like  8->
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Isn't there a Saturn V at Kennedy space ventre? Way cooler than a shuittle.
    My V key is broken
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6427
    Yep, and a lump of moon rock you can touch.  Great day out, only improved on if there's a launch of something.  When you're on the buses look for alligators in the drainage ditches - they're everywhere !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    edited September 2014
    I love the Saturn V. One of mankind's greatest achievements, the moon landings. I saw it at Kennedy when I was about twelve and almost cacked my pants. Awesome machine.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I spent the whole day at ksc did the bus tour of all the launch pads and even had lunch with an astronaught , Don Thomas
    Yes they have a Saturn V I've always wanted to see one for real and the rest of the Apollo missions kit it's just jaw dropping amazing took a lot of pics

Last night went down to cocoa beach it's like being in the Bahamas which isn't surprising as that's only about 250 miles away
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Yep cocoa beach was my favourite,we were lucky to see a rocket launch while we were sun bathing, absolutely incredible
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6427
    Couldn't agree more.  I saw a satellite launch when I went.  Totally unplanned by me, and it had been weather delayed from a day earlier - definitely one off the bucket list. A truly earth-shaking moment. Took 90s for the noise to hit us after launch (We were at the Saturn 5 viewing place)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    I'm in Kennesaw now having drove 520 miles today which was surprisingly easy . The speed limit most of the way was 70 but everyone seemed to do about 80mph including all the huge 18 wheeler trucks which don't appear to have any limiters built in like here

Tomorrow it's Nashville time for a few days
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Nashville is great the people are so friendly and I love the music

Walking down Broadway every single bar has a live band and when the band is finished another way sets up and starts. The bigger bars have 3 bands on at once in different rooms All the bars have built in PAs and a house kit so change over times are quick

Most of the stuff I've seen is JBl and QSC ....... tops are hung from ceiling subs are built into stage

The standard of the bands is very high. Every single band seems to have at least 3 people capable of a great lead vocal so as you can imagine the harmonies are awesome

I'm leaving now for Memphis which is about a 220 mile drive from here
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Be carefull in Memphis, take a taxi everywhere, even if it's 200yds to Beale st. Sun Studios is awesome, and Graceland, even if you are not an Elvis fan is a must. 
    Then get out quick! Agree with Nashville, so friendly and welcoming, especially in Roberts bar, where the latest hot shot guitarist is playing with Don Kelly band.
    We spent all night in Beale street bars watching bands our hotel was right by Beale street opposite the Gibson factory. I took the Gibson factory tour this morn . Was interesting but wasn't allowed to take pics
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Now missisippi
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Well Mississippi was very hot so we spent a couple of days swimming in the pool and exploring off the beaten track Once you get off the main roads you can see the shacks people ive in which are pretty shed like in some areas

This morning we hit the.road and drove 460 miles to Dallas in Texas This is a big city and I'm glad I had sat nav cos the spidery junctions go all over the place and I would never have found anything !

Not played guitar for nearly 2 weeks I rarely go half a day at home without picking one up
    www.2020studios.co.uk