SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD. Richie Kotzen Tele - MIJ Brown Sunburst - near Mint

What's Hot
PeteCPeteC Frets: 437
edited March 29 in Guitars £
Hi Folks,  further price drop to £1350

I am selling off a few of my guitars because I started building my own guitars semi-seriously about 3 years ago and now have far too many guitars to play !  

This is a superb MIJ RK Tele in Sunburst which I bought new a few years ago but have only played a couple of times. 

I have been using the guitar as a template for accurate measurements for some of my own builds - particularly the large neck on the RK Tele which its famed for. 

I have upgraded the so-so Jap electronics for Oak Grigsby switching and CTS pots, and also screened the control cavity - these are things that are worth doing to RK MIJs which otherwise suffer from too much buzz.   Pickups are the original Twang King and Chopper T that come fitted to RK Teles. 

The RK Teles and Strats are a bit niche but if you know about them and are looking for one, then this is a great example in near perfect condition.  

I have said near mint because I found one very minor blemish in finish on the back of the guitar which is about 2.5mm long and which doesn't seem to go through the clear coat. Otherwise its pretty much perfect I think.   The protective film is still on the scratch plate. Theres a bit of dust on the metalwork which I should have polished off before taking photos !  - the finish is fine. 

Current new stock RK Teles are selling for £1999, and I am looking for £1500 for this one.   The Tele comes in the original Fender soft case that the RK's ship with. 

Buyer can collect from Ripon in North Yorkshire ( I'm just 2 minutes off the A1 ) , or arrange courier to collect. 

Thanks for looking and please PM any questions you might have and I will do my best to answer them. 

Cheers, Pete 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments