SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Gretsch 5420 / Fender Mexi 2008 / Partscaster Bigsby T-Shaped - Now £500.

What's Hot
FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
Having a significant downsizing of gear due to various circumstances...

Will be listing some amps and other gear elsewhere but here are the guitars I have decided to let go. Collection in person would be my preference, and as such I'm located just off the A3 at Horndean, Hampshire (east). Cash on collection or BACS payment, I no longer have a PayPal account so that is not an option. Prices are for collection, if you want me to post it you'll need to add the cost of the packaging and courier and allow me a couple of days grace in which to get a box and parcel it up.

2008 Mexican Strat - £450

Original Mexcan pickups and pots with some upgraded wiring. At some point it has a additional (not original) switch in the pickguard but this has been removed with the small hole unfilled.

The original thick poly has been removed (was Olympic White) and refinished with a very nice Lake Placid Blue Nitro via Steve Robinson. The vibrato bar is missing. At the time these were made Fender used an oversized block in the tremolo cavity with some nice weight to it.

Lovely guitar, some wear and age, but generally in very good condition. Would be ideal to upgrade or will provide years of service as it is. Incredibly well set-up by expert guitar tech Simon Jones who told me "this is a good one".

Tele with Bigsby B5 - £650

The body is a premium Swamp Ash from Allparts which was finished in nitro by Rexter.

The neck is premium Maple with a stunning Rosewood fretboard made by GSP Basses finished in a beautiful faded chestnut colour nitro. The rosewood board is darkly grained and smooth as silk.

The parts are mostly Alegree with a premium Six String Supplies wiring harness and pots. The Bigsby is an official Telecaster B5 which is effortless.

Pickups are Alegree Cirrostratus single coils. Tuners are locking.

Gretsch G5420TG Limited Edition 2019 in Cadillac Green with Mojo Filtertron Pickups - £800

2019 Korean made Limited Edition Gretch G5420 with Mojo Filtertrons fitted. The original Blacktop pickups are included along with the original scratch plate.

Absolutely cracking guitar in excellent condition. I spent some time setting this up correctly with the new pickups and it plays beautifully and the pcikups are spectacular.

The Korean made models were top-notch, especially the last few years of production there, and this is no exeption. The Mojo Filtertron pickups (Mojotrons) give it a sparkle that the Blacktops just could not match.

More photos on the way / on request. The two amps seen above will be going on another thread soon.

https://imgur.com/gallery/iAYA9xL
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    edited March 2023
    Just to confirm the Gretsch comes with the original hard case, original pickups and scratch plate. Strat and T do not come with a case of any kind.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2651
    Mmm, that Tele...  Mmm, that Gretsch :D
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12735
    Mmm, that Tele...  Mmm, that Gretsch :D
    Have played that Gretsch and the Strat, both are great. 
    Cheers chaps!
    The Gretsch can be put back to original pickups (Blacktop) and reduced accordingly in price to £600.

The Mojo pickups would be £200. Personally, I think that they are sensational on this guitar and worth every penny. 
    Gretsch now sold. 
    Strat sold. 
  • Nice records.
    Nice records.

I'll tell you what, that Timber Timbre album is really quite something. 
    Open to offers on the Telecaster with Bigsby, as lovely as it is it's just sitting there at the moment unplayed!

Don't be shy, I can only say "no".
    Looking for £500 for the Tele if anybody wants an absolute bargain?
    Everything now sold.