Wiring Diagram

What's Hot
Im after a very particular wiring setup on my custom Strat.
If anyone can help me I will be very grateful, I'm quite experienced wiring but only following diagrams. I dont know enough to figure this out.

It'll consist of this;
1 Single Coil sized Humbucker (SD JBJR Bridge), 2 x single coils, 3 - Way selector, 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone but I want the tone knob to be the G&L/ Reverend Bass cut, 1 x mini toggle on/on DPDT for coil splitting the Humbucker, 1x on/off, SPST killswitch toggle switch.

If anyone can draw me something or help in anyway I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 202
    Cross ref various diagrams I think im figuring it out. Ill just break it down into smaller chunks. Wire it up normally at first. Then add the Red & White of humbucker to coil tap and then add killswitch to output jack.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Rkphilpot said:
    Cross ref various diagrams I think im figuring it out. Ill just break it down into smaller chunks. Wire it up normally at first. Then add the Red & White of humbucker to coil tap and then add killswitch to output jack.
    That's the way to do it, then it's quite easy.

The pickup selector bit is the switch part of a standard Strat diagram. The G&L bass cut is likewise the same as normal for those.

You actually only need a SPST off/on to coil split the humbucker. Use it to connect the coil junction to ground, or to the pickup hot depending on which coil you want to remain on.

When you're wiring the kill-switch, make sure you use it to mute the signal by grounding the output, not to break the signal path, or it will hum.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Rkphilpot said:
    That's the way to do it, then it's quite easy.

The pickup selector bit is the switch part of a standard Strat diagram. The G&L bass cut is likewise the same as normal for those.

You actually only need a SPST off/on to coil split the humbucker. Use it to connect the coil junction to ground, or to the pickup hot depending on which coil you want to remain on.

When you're wiring the kill-switch, make sure you use it to mute the signal by grounding the output, not to break the signal path, or it will hum.
    Thank you for the advice, I'll let you know how I get on
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Rkphilpot said:
    Cross ref various diagrams I think im figuring it out. Ill just break it down into smaller chunks. Wire it up normally at first.
    This is how I cook up non-standard control circuits. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    edited March 2023
    Rkphilpot said:
    Cross ref various diagrams I think im figuring it out. Ill just break it down into smaller chunks. Wire it up normally at first.
    Same here   EDIT: Well... that and ask on here for help when it doesn't work...  :s =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Dave_Mc said:
    Rkphilpot said:
    Same here   EDIT: Well... that and ask on here for help when it doesn't work...  :s =)
    Thanks everyone, as soon as I get the pickup I paid for over a week ago I'll get started.