SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Feline Panther, Peavey USA Falcon Custom Carved Top

What's Hot
RichardrichardRichardrichard Frets: 353
edited March 2023 in Guitars £
As per title, two guitars for sale.

First up, a USA made Peavey Falcon Custom in emerald green. Bit of an impulse buy based on the insane quality of the woods. I bought this with a plan to refinish it but obviously haven't bothered!

Tried to show in the photos the thickness of the maple cap, which must be the best part of 1".
Medium/slim C bilaminated maple neck with insane flaming,
Rosewood board with 12" radius
I believe the frets are medium jumbo, wide but not particularly high
Peavey custom wound stacked single coils (noiseless) sound very good
Graphtech saddles
Gold locking tuners (Schaller I believe)
Custom Peavey Hard case
Set up with a very low action (~1mm at 12 on the high E)

There are dings and scrapes but mostly around the back / back edge, the top is pretty good.

Asking what I paid - £450 + postage

Next up acquired a few weeks ago a Feline Panther. I won't bang on about the quality as you will know all about that. When it arrived it had clearly been unloved for a period, frets were corroded, back of the neck (raw/oiled musicman style) was fairly rough, setup was terrible - but no damage/scratches/dings at all to note, it's in great shape. I've set it up properly (~1mm action on high E at 12), re-sanded the neck to 1000 grit and applied birchwood casey gunstock wax (how I maintain all of my raw/oiled necks), polished the frets etc - it's now looking and playing fantastic.

Ash body
Multi-piece laminated maple neck - I believe quartersawn pieces - quite slim approx 19mm at 1st fret
Rosewood board with 12" radius
Bareknuckle Abraxas pickups
Duncan triple-shot pickup rings
Schaller Lockmeister tremolo
Jumbo frets
Feline branded HIscox case

Only issue for me is the neck is too slim - I prefer them a bit chunkier and if it was the guitar would be going nowhere!

I watched this on ebay when it was at a starting bid of £1000, no takers. When he relisted at £750 starting bid I messaged and made an offer of £850+postage if he would add a 'best offer' function to the listing, which he accepted. So asking what I paid, £850+postage. (On hold pending payment)

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11895
    tFB Trader
    The Feline Panther is a great deal at that price 
    The Schaller Lockmeister trem has a Feline Fatcat oversize steel block on it 
    Looking at the sum of the parts and ignoring the good guitar it is makes it a steal

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Completely agree Jonathan. For most people who like this style of guitar the neck will be perfect, I just like them a bit chunkier!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18173
    tFB Trader
    That's a crazy bargain.

Feline stuff is proper custom shop quality.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11895
    tFB Trader
    Yes - whilst not a wizard neck it is more like a Jem or modern RG 
    19/20mm to 21/22mm taper

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Feline on hold pending
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Peavey still available