SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT: Ibanez US Custom RG

What's Hot

Bit of a one off here (yeah, I know - everything is 'rare' these days). I'm listing this for a few weeks as ideally, 'd prefer an HSH or HH set up.  If I keep it - and I'm happy to do so, I'll likely change pick ups etc - so it's being offered now in its current original condition!

It's up on ebay but ideally, I'd prefer a trade. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ugEuwT96GXAnGRPG8

Ibanez USA Bensalem custom shop RG from 1989 - according to serial number.  To the best of my knowledge it's genuine and all original.  The neck pocket stamps match what is known about the custom shop in that era - as does the neck. 

These were Japanese made parts assembled in the USA. You could specify colour/neck/pick up config and pickups.

This has the original edge trem.

IBZ/USA F4 and C2 pick ups. 

Sharkfin inlays with bound neck and reverse headstock.

Unusually, this is just in plain black - most USA customs have the graphic paint - which was an additional $100 dollar upcharge at the time.  The graphic versions now sell for well upwards of £2k. 

Condition wise, there are 2 smallish  dings on the front and one on the edge under the volume tone knob.  There are no other dings bar the tiniest scuff to the tip of the headstock. 

There is a tiny chip above the locking nut screw on the rear of the neck.  No other dents on the neck. 

No neck pocket cracks.

There are some scratches on the guitar but nothing you wouldn't expect in a guitar this age - I've tried to picture them.  Virtually no buckle rash on the rear and all rear plates are with the guitar. 

The volume knob has quite a bit of finger wear but still works without issue.  Electrics work without issue and the frets/finger board are in good shape. 

It's not mint - it's clearly been played - but well looked after. 

I'd say its in very good condition for its age.

Complete with what I assume is the original trem arm with Sure grip sleeve and a non original hard case.

Trade wise - superstrats only. Looking at other hard to find 80s models:

Peavey Vandenberg

Yamaha RGX/RGZ1200s/custom

- I'd  also be interested in trades for J custom/Jem/Prestige/Kiesel/Jackson/Charvel and could add  cash your way depending on model.

Happy to meet up within reason. Postage a possibility. 

Can provide more pics/vid etc. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments