SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: PRS 408 - Faded Whale Blue - 2017

What's Hot
myrmanmyrman Frets: 72
edited April 2023 in Guitars £

2017 PRS 408 Whale Blue flame maple top

This guitar is in fantastic condition. Home use only. No dents, chips or marks that I can find other than some very light surface marks on the rear. 

Unfortunately I don't have the swing tag but the spec is as follows (confirmed by PRS):

Flame maple top

Mahogany back and neck

Pattern neck carve

Honduran Rosewood fretboard with bird inlays

Finished in Faded Whale Blue

Black body (rear) and neck

Nickel hardware

Gen 3 PRS Tremolo

408 Treble & Bass pickups

Comes with the original PRS hard case, Instruction booklet and trem arm

Yours for £2100 (Not really looking for trades thanks)

Collection from NN12 preferred but will post at cost (UK only) or could possibly meet/deliver depending on location

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Lovely that. 408s are hard to come by now 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1000
    Stunning guitar - GLWS!
    I have the stop tail version, these pickups are absolutely stellar! 
  • myrmanmyrman Frets: 72
    Bump
  • AlunAlun Frets: 139
    Genuinely, I'm very temped - could I ask @myrman and @BlueStrat for a few opinions about the pickups? I've been looking around for a McSoapy for a while as I'm leaning towards a more vintage tone these days and the 85/15s in my CE24 aren't giving me what I'm looking for. I had completely forgotten the 408 was a thing until this popped up and from refreshing my memory with a few videos it seems like these might actually be capable of some almost P90 like tones, particular in the middle position with mixed humbucker and single coil tones...?
    Have sent you a pm @Alun ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1000
    Hi @Alun the electronics in the 408 are its unique feature. The pickups are fkn brilliant and give it a sound of its own - in humbucker mode the bridge has massively fat rich tones and the neck is beautifully smooth. 
    In single coil mode the tones are not thin and weedy at all,  but bigger and richer than  typical single coils. 
    The 408 is its own thing, it’s not a strat it’s not a LP,  it’s an absolute tone monster in its own right. 
    The tone and volume are so responsive, it’s a pleasure to play. 
    It also has Jumbo frets which I really love. 
    PRS build quality is flawless too..
    I’d so recommend trying one if you can, you’ll likely be hooked by the sounds they kick out. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlunAlun Frets: 139
    BlueStrat said:
    Hi @Alun the electronics in the 408 are its unique feature. The pickups are fkn brilliant and give it a sound of its own - in humbucker mode the bridge has massively fat rich tones and the neck is beautifully smooth. 
    In single coil mode the tones are not thin and weedy at all,  but bigger and richer than  typical single coils. 
    The 408 is its own thing, it’s not a strat it’s not a LP,  it’s an absolute tone monster in its own right. 
    The tone and volume are so responsive, it’s a pleasure to play. 
    It also has Jumbo frets which I really love. 
    PRS build quality is flawless too..
    I’d so recommend trying one if you can, you’ll likely be hooked by the sounds they kick out. 

Thanks for the insights, sounds like it might be the kind of thing I'm looking for!
    Sold