What is the likelihood of lead free solder having been used on this

What's Hot
I need to replace a DC power jack on a Digitech Hardwire CM-2 and I don't know if it's lead free solder or leaded solder that would of been used. the pedal is the made in china version.
Does anyone know please what solder would have been used or what the likelihood would be of it being lead free solder on there.
I put peoples heads in horse's beds

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    Almost certainly lead free but you can see easy enough as leaded solder joints are generally shinier than lead free. 

To remove it first put a load of lead solder on the joints, then heat them and apply solder braid to suck the solder off. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kipplekipple Frets: 373
    Danny1969 said:
    Almost certainly lead free but you can see easy enough as leaded solder joints are generally shinier than lead free. 

To remove it first put a load of lead solder on the joints, then heat them and apply solder braid to suck the solder off. 
    if it is lead free couldn't I just use lead free when I replace it

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    You can use either type with either existing type, it doesn’t matter. The worst that will happen is that you’ll get a slightly less leaded alloy than the leaded solder.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    You can use either type with either existing type, it doesn’t matter. The worst that will happen is that you’ll get a slightly less leaded alloy than the leaded solder.
    Ok thanks

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    kipple said:
    Danny1969 said:

The leaded solder added to the existing solder will make it a lot easier to remove as lead free has a much higher melting point. Once the solder has been removed and the socket taken off you can use what you want although  leaded is less likely to fail with cracked joints so I generally use it for repair work. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Danny1969 said:
    kipple said:
    Danny1969 said:

The leaded solder added to the existing solder will make it a lot easier to remove as lead free has a much higher melting point. Once the solder has been removed and the socket taken off you can use what you want although  leaded is less likely to fail with cracked joints so I generally use it for repair work. 

Ok. Thanks very much for the advice.