SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold- PRS Modern Eagle Quatros

What's Hot
chris78chris78 Frets: 9940
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
This is a very unexpected listing. I’ve been after a PRS 53/10 and one became available today. I jumped on it quicker than Usain Bolt can run the 100 metres.
It means in my collection I’ll have 3 guitars with the legendary unobtainable 53/10 pickups. I can’t justify all 3 really, though I’m sort of tempted….

It means I’m going to offer for sale either of my PRS Modern Eagle Quatros at a special price of £3500 (squealing pigs have one at £5k). I’m easy whichever sells. Some will prefer the subtleness of a goldtop, others the artist grade flame. Both are stunning, both are light, both are resonant, both have very very dark solid Indian rosewood necks, both have the 53/10s. The goldtop has some small marks to the sides, the flame some very light pick scratches to the top. 

A couple of things for the uninitiated - Modern Eagles are top of the line PRS guitars. When released, they’re the pinnacle of everything that PRS himself has discovered about guitars at that time and he generally plays these himself when gigging with his band. The Quatro was the 4th instalment and last with a solid rosewood neck. Review here https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/prs-me-quatro-486824
53/10 pickups are the best pickups ever made by PRS. Why? They were wound using wire fender used in 1953 telecaster (hence the name). When the supply of wire ran out, PRS discontinued the pickups. The wire is so important because it’s genuine vintage wire and it gives the pickups a sweetness. In humbucker mode it’s the dreamed of “tele on steroids” sound. They do classic rock/blues beautifully, clean up amazingly and chime. In single coil mode the neck is a really really convincing good strat, in the bridge a very good tele, but also there’s some 335 thrown into the mix to my ears. 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PRS MEQ is, even considering the MEV, the best PRS I've played.  Great prices too.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9940
    Bank holiday reduction. I’d like to sell one this weekend so £3k, postage included.
    No Trades, no offers. There will be no further reductions
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    That’s an absolute steal! GLWTS. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3752
    chris78 said:
    Bank holiday reduction. I’d like to sell one this weekend so £3k, postage included.
    No Trades, no offers. There will be no further reductions
    @chris78 ; That's a generous reduction - might I suggest that you ammend your original post to bring it to the fore / maximum impact.

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9940
    Tobacco burst sold
    Goldtop withdrawn

Thanks to the forum and buyer

Look out for an NGD post of my 53/10 soon!