What's Hot

Line Rental

18 Sep - 17 Dec 14

This is the cost of your Line rental at £15.99 a month, charged in advance 
from 18 Sep 2014 to 17 Dec 2014

£47.97

BT Answer 1571

18 Sep - 17 Dec 14

This is the cost of your BT Answer 1571 charged in advance (£1.75 a month)

£5.25

Package Package

Broadband and Calls

18 Sep - 17 Dec 14

This is the cost of your Package at £17.98 a month, charged in advance from 
18 Sep 2014 to 17 Dec 2014. This gives you:

• Calling Plan Unlimited Anytime Plan
  • Broadband BT Total Broadband Option 1

What's cheaper?
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think there's a pay up front for a year package that's cheaper. Can't remember though.

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Most things. I pay £13/m line rental (post office) and £14/m 8Mb broadband (Sky, was O2 before Sky bought them). Possible to do better than than if you sign up to a contract, even with BT (pay a year in advance), but as I rent signing up for a year or longer contract on everything is unattractive. Actually left BT after I missed the letter which rolled us over to £18/m line rental (got lost among the 2 promo shots a fortnight they were sending us), when I noticed and phoned up they said they would only move us to a cheaper tariff if we signed up for a new contract, and that tariff was still going to be dearer than alternatives. I asked why they thought I'd sign up for a contract with them when the only advantage they could offer was not having to do that and they couldn't answer. So I changed to PO the next day, who it turns out don't have a minimum contract. Their price went up two months later and was still cheaper than BT offer.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    Just think carefully though.

If you leave BT, you won't be able to use their crappiest-in-the-world, absolutely totally f***ing useless, I can barely hear you and understand you even less, support line.

It's worth paying more just to avoid that.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I do my line rental through BT £140 for the year. I paid for two years in advance they do have a bit of wiggle room if you speak to the right person. We don't use it for calls as both myself and my wife have work mobiles so this is our own only phone bill. BT as a company are a joke with terrible customer service. Hopefully the next time I talk to them will be in 2016.
  • BT really are a bunch of cu*ts 

They've totally failed to deliver fibre to my area and are upping their prices.

I'm about to try getting wireless broadband through Relish - if that works I'm ditching my landline altogether.

The only other firm that seem to be as crap as BT is pus.net :-)
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • BT's website is also f_____g useless. It runs at the speed of death squared, puts up silly pages asking if you'd like this or that "product" (it was parental controls this morning) in the way of your getting to the information you want, and even when you think you've got to the page you want you still have to click on yet another link to get to the data you're after.  
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • Go here:

MSE is pretty much always best for advice on cheap utilities, travel, banks, etc
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Go here:

MSE is pretty much always best for advice on cheap utilities, travel, banks, etc
    Thank you. I'll check out their motor insurance dept as well :)
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    No complaints with BT here, certainly a lot better than Talk Talk and the Fibre Optic is very reliable
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    Phil_aka_Pip;357238" said:
    BT's website is also f_____g useless. It runs at the speed of death squared, puts up silly pages asking if you'd like this or that "product" (it was parental controls this morning) in the way of your getting to the information you want, and even when you think you've got to the page you want you still have to click on yet another link to get to the data you're after.  
    Agreed, their website is shite. I was looking to see if we could get Infinity in our area a while back and got so many conflicting answers I eventually gave up. I wonder how many people do the same, if so they're losing business hand over fist.
    Ps Phil, you might want to have a look at Plusnet, they were great when I had their phone & broadband package at my old place. UK call centres and excellent customer service too.
  • BT is fine. Fine until something gives awry. Then it's a chuffing nightmare.

• Before this week I would have said plusnet were ok too.

My internet has now been down for 4 full days after a pusnet outage. Their phone lines are jammed and there is no resolution time I've been made aware of.

I'd just signed up for another provider and would have to be dipped in shit before I used plusnet ever again!
  • sweepy said:
    No complaints with BT here, certainly a lot better than Talk Talk and the Fibre Optic is very reliable
    nor here, loving the infinity, router in house laptop far far away down the long garden and I speedtest 55+meg everytime.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 637
    edited September 2014
    I have been with Virgin for a good few years now, spot on in terms of broadband, mine was down yesterday and all sorted in 4 hours at the main exchange.

Not necessarily cheap but fast as a fast thing and blow BT out of the water in terms of customer service I`m more than happy, TV is pretty dire though!
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5149
    edited September 2014
    Ditto for me with Virgin, had one day down in 3 years. I am in one of their fibre regions though.

I keep meaning to call up to get the new hub (for free) to speed up my paltry 20Mb to 60Mb! ;) Costs me about £30 a month inc. line rental with unlimited calls and BB.

No TV package though, I don't really do much TV at all.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • @littlegreenman £30pm looks good! I don't need TV.
  • Aargh all you guys with fibre are making me jealous ! :-)
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5149
    edited September 2014
    @Phil_aka_Pip, I just double-checked my package (oo-er!) and I get unlimited landline calls and Virgin mobiles inc. To get proper unlimited calls to landlines, all mobile networks, 0845 and 0870 numbers would be about £45. I'm paying £34.14 for BB and calls.

Most folks I know still have landlines so it's no biggy for me to not have to call non-Virgin mobiles (and if I need to, I call from work ;) ).

Might be a deal-breaker if you need to though.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • BT is fine. Fine until something gives awry. Then it's a chuffing nightmare.
    Completely agree. Their customer service and support is beyond a joke.  

An absolute shower of a company, more interested in paying ridiculous amounts to people who don't even have a passing acquaintance with the english language like Michael Owen on their Sport channel than running a decent communications service. 

Try Plusnet. 

Before this week I would have said plusnet were ok too.

My internet has now been down for 4 full days after a pusnet outage. Their phone lines are jammed and there is no resolution time I've been made aware of.

I'd just signed up for another provider and would have to be dipped in shit before I used plusnet ever again!
    I got lucky here. My +net BB was playing up on Thursday, but I switched the router off for an hour, restarted it and it's been fine since. 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2112
    I had some issues with BT when I first had infinity, I contacted them via their forum and was amazed that they arrange for someone to come out in the next day or so to check things out, he replaced the router and all was good. The forum rep then contacted me again to see if things got sorted.....can't complain at this moment.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview