Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Cult - what are they like live these days?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3073
    It's funny - I went off the Cult when they became... The Cult!

Actually, that's not true - I loved SDC, and Death Cult, most of which was recycled on Dreamtime, but was luke warm over Love. Electric re-ignited my interest, but Sonic Temple left me cold.

I never really found my way back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7214
    Last time I saw them was in Brizzle

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4aYAejHnaK/
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891
    Which of the 2 live albums is worth having?

I never really listened to them but the love for Duffy makes me want to give it a go.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3373

I never really listened to them but the love for Duffy makes me want to give it a go.
    I'd have to go with 'Live Cult' as you get a lot of their masterpiece 'Love' and a few great tracks from albums either side of that.

After 'Love', I think they start to lose their uniqueness by giving in to the pull of 'being a rock band' ;-/
  •  
    I saw them at Rock City during the Sonic Temple Anniversary Tour. It was a great night out, they played songs from Dreamtime and Love as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The new album is not bad.

I quite enjoy it. Particularly the first single, Give Me Mercy. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    edited May 2023
    viz said:
    Saw them last year at Cambridge - they were awesome. I LOVE the Cult. Didn't do anything off Southern Death Cult or Dreamtime eras though, unfortunately. 
    Don’t they usually do Spiritwalker ?

Hm, I definitely can’t remember now (I don’t even remember this thread ) but I guess at the time I was under the impression that they hadn’t; Spiritwalker is my 2nd fave song too. But I’m so unreliable that you know maybe they did! 

The one from the Lyceum that came as a bundle with Dreamtime is bloody ace. There’s also a VHS of it. It kicks off with my 1st fave song, 83rd Dream. So atmospheric. Nice to see IT consultant Jamie Stewart playing too. 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.