Glastonbury Line-up 2023

What's Hot

Comments

• KeikoKeiko Frets: 1065
    How many bleeding stages /fields are there thesedays??? Something for everyone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1429
    The Churnups - Pulp or Foo Fighters?
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    Glastonbury is still the best value for money you’ll see anywhere, pay for the “Glampibg” section and it’s almost bearable for us old farts
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3110
    Even I'd like to be there. There's deffo something for everyone and a lot of crossover issues even for an old gimmer such as myself.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1034
    Worth seeing Rolling Rick, so he has done the "Smith's", maybe he could do the "Pistols" this time. Saw him live and he is a great act
    “Ken sent me.”
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1577
    Would love to go if anyone reading this has decided they don’t want to go and fancies offloading their tickets. 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1099
    I'm not going this year but I have to say 'DJ Absolutely Shit' is a fantastic stage name. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 957
    Actually quite a diverse mix on the other stages/areas - quite a few of the top slots mean nothing to me apart from the household names, but the lower tiers have a lot going on. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    edited June 2023
    Very little of interest for me, maybe 6 acts total. It's not a festival that caters for the likes of me. Having said that, I often flick the TV on and catch a few things, some can be interesting. I enjoyed Dolly Parton a few years ago.

Gilbert O'Sullivan!?!? I hate to say it but I thought he'd popped his clogs ages ago.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12578
    If anyone goes could they look for my hat which I lost in 2005. It was blue. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1597
    munckee said:
     Reminded me of Bez on Would I Lie to You, with his tale of losing his false teeth at Glastonbury 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10006
    edited June 2023
    Thanks for posting this and for the reminder to get on iplayer when it's all done.

Quite a few I'm looking forward to, though the most interesting one to see in a festival setting for me would be the brilliant Jacob Collier. Shame he can't be on one of the stages wth a bigger crowd number as his "crowd choir" conducting thing would be amazing in the festival atmsophere.

Looking forward to these (for my own benefit, when it comes to searching on iplayer, to have a ready list):
    Cat Stevens / Yusuf
    Ben HOward
    Lana del Ray
    Christine & the Queens
    Editors
    Cat Burns
    Laura Mvula

Plus the inevitable surprise at finding a new (to me) act I've not heard of
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    Standard. 

I’d watch Generation Sex to see if they’re as terrible as I think they’d be…. Maybe Tim Healy’s DJ set so I could shout Haysi Fantaysi lyrics at him, but that would be past my bedtime anyway. 
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 356
    edited June 2023
    The Foo Fighters are rumoured to be playing the main stage on the Friday night  ahead of Royal Blood and the Artic Monkeys. There are also three other TBA still pending, with one of them being the No. 3 slot at Woodsies on Friday, so they should be fairly well known.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 931
    Would love to go if anyone reading this has decided they don’t want to go and fancies offloading their tickets. 
    Bear in mind they have the name, address and photo of the ticket holder printed on them to stop touting.

Didn't think I was going to get to the farm this year but secured a spot with Oxfam yesterday so will be there after all! Not paying too much attention to the line up atm as I don't know when i'll be working yet.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10541
    Its kind of strange that the youngest headlining band is nearly 20 years old, the middle one 35 ish and Elton 50 odd  ..... years ago an Oasis, Radiohead, Muse etc  or some other current band in their prime would headline. 
    I suppose there are no big breakthrough bands like that anymore which is kinda sad. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23616
    Excellent, I'm glad to see Royal Blood are playing....
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Philly_Q said:
    Excellent, I'm glad to see Royal Blood are playing....
    Nah, too pop for me - they were supporting that Capaldi geezer the other week!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23616
    edited June 2023
    Oh my god, I started reading through the full line-up but I only got about 20% of the way, it's just too much.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12360
    munckee said:
    Holy crap, 2005 was 18 years ago.

I'm getting old.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...