SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS 1998 Korean Epi LPC Black Beauty with hard case SOLD

What's Hot
jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 318
edited June 2023 in Guitars £

An absolutely beautiful guitar from 1998 here that punches way above its weight - the neck is the most Gibson-like I’ve felt on an Epi with a lovely middle-thick but comfortable profile, and it’s got an excellent weight to it. I’d happily keep it but I’m getting drawn in by a champagne white D’Angelico!

It’s a proper Les Paul that plays beautifully with 9-46 strings and sounds absolutely massive - best sounding Epi I’ve ever tried, none of the muddy plastic-sounding nonsense, it’s crisp and clear with some real grit to it. 

Pickups are Fleor A5 PAF types which are infinitely better than stock Epi pickups, and while all three pickups are functional I’ve wired the guitar as the standard LP bridge/both/neck for sake of live ease. There is a push pull pot on the bridge tone so this pickup could easily be wired in so it’s on when the put is pulled up. The guitar has also had a fret polish and the fretboard dyed which looks absolutely fantastic and more like Ebony. 

It does have a few dinks and dings, most prominently on the bottom edge by the controls and a small bit of paint wear on the underside of the neck, as well as one fret end that could use a little filing back (almost entirely cosmetic but being fully descriptive here) but these are commensurate with use of a 25 year old guitar. 

Comes with a Gator hard case. I’m asking an extremely reasonable £300 for the guitar and £30 extra for the case.

Pickup preferred from Caerphilly, but as I do have the case I can happily and safely post for an extra £20. 

Pictures here: 

https://imgur.com/a/dhgFaTm

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PabcranePabcrane Frets: 492
    I think you might want to move this to the for sale section
  • jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 318
    Pabcrane said:
    I think you might want to move this to the for sale section
    You thought correctly. Cheers! Moved now.
    Open to offers! 
    Will do £300 with case
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 746
    "This post may contain erotic or adult imagery"

Heheheheh....
    "This post may contain erotic or adult imagery"

Heheheheh....
    Haha, is that what it says on Imgur?? I can promise there’s no ‘dodgy reflections’ on the photos…
    Been offered £295 on eBay, happy to do that price delivered with case to avoid arsing about!
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1350
    Great guitar if i had the cash lying around i would have had it ,
    The fretboard looks great, could you tell me again how you stain and seal the fretboard to get it like ebony ,you told me years ago but i can't find the post .

At the time i bought the Feibings black dye ,gun oil and small brushes but never got arount to it .
    I'm goint to do a cream Tokai L.P custom as the fretboards very pale.
    I was going to
     Clean the fretboard with lighter fuel.

Mask inlays ? or does the dye just rub off ? this is my biggest concern.

Put the first coat on and let it dry for 48hrs 

2nd coat and 48hrs 

Coat with gun oil
    leave for 48hrs then play it hoping my fingernails don't turn black .
    sorry to derail your thread .
    To anyone on the fence i've bought a couple of things of @Jdpwales he's a top man and you can buy with confidence.

mark123 said:
    Great guitar if i had the cash lying around i would have had it ,
    The fretboard looks great, could you tell me again how you stain and seal the fretboard to get it like ebony ,you told me years ago but i can't find the post .

At the time i bought the Feibings black dye ,gun oil and small brushes but never got arount to it .
    I'm goint to do a cream Tokai L.P custom as the fretboards very pale.
    I was going to
     Clean the fretboard with lighter fuel.

Mask inlays ? or does the dye just rub off ? this is my biggest concern.

Put the first coat on and let it dry for 48hrs 

2nd coat and 48hrs 

Coat with gun oil
    leave for 48hrs then play it hoping my fingernails don't turn black .
    sorry to derail your thread .
    To anyone on the fence i've bought a couple of things of @Jdpwales he's a top man and you can buy with confidence.

Hey Mark, thank you! Yeah that’s basically it apart from one bit - use a Stanley blade to scrape the fretboard first, that has the benefit of taking off the layer of whatever Epi sprayed on there so the dye sticks. I tape off as much binding etc as I can and apply the Fiebings with a cotton bud, using a pencil eraser to rub off any parts immediately that go on inlays etc, it comes straight off. Leave it overnight, give a second coat if needed, apply the usual fretboard oil, leave overnight again and you’re golden! 
    Final drop of £275 delivered including hard case
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom