SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: PRS CE24

What's Hot

PRS CE24,     Vintage Yellow   Wide Thin Neck profile.

The bridge pickup has been replaced with a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom. But the original HFS pickup is in the case. There is a small mark on the headstock where the previous owner had left a clip on tuner on. Apart from this the guitar is immaculate.

Looking for £850 plus shipping. Not looking for any trades ....sorry.

http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/Rigsby1005/library/PRS%20CE24?sort=3&page=1

If you want any more info or photos, just ask.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump
  • Nice sure your not after cheap trade plus cash
  • Nice sure your not after cheap trade plus cash
    Sorry bud, definitely sale only ;-) As per my other classifieds, just looking to recoup some funds to cover other outgoings.
  • This has generated quite a bit of interest but only a few offers of trades and a couple of lowball cash offers. So still around if anyone's looking for a Vintage Yellow CE24 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    edited September 2014
    Christ, what tuner did he use! No way I'm putting my Snark on mine now! Looks lovely BTW - got any sound clips? When'd you buy it?
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    A snark will be fine on your prs, the neck on this guitar was finished in nitro.
  • Oh - how can you tell? Here's mine:

Got to admit this one looks amazing. Heel is larger than the modern ones but looks great.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    The 2013 experience custom 24s have unfinished maple necks, they just had a sealer applied. CEs have nitro finished necks and its the nitro that has reacted with the rubber on the clip on tuner.
  • Crikey - you're clued up!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Christ, what tuner did he use! No way I'm putting my Snark on mine now! Looks lovely BTW - got any sound clips? When'd you buy it?

Thanks, yeah the guitar is lovely. I don't know what kind of tuner but the size and shape of the mark is definitely "snark size"  

:-/

I bought the guitar "used" about 18 months ago and I think the owner bought it from Absolute Music. Unfortunately I don't have any sound clips to hand.

• How big's the heel at the back of the neck? Sorry - I'm interested but not guaranteeing any offer - I might go for a strat!
  • How big's the heel at the back of the neck? Sorry - I'm interested but not guaranteeing any offer - I might go for a strat!
    I can get you exact sizes later when I'm back at home.
  • No problem - but don't go to too much bother! I'm going to try one out locally to see what they're like.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5222
    edited September 2014
    thomasross20;360579" said:
    How big's the heel at the back of the neck? Sorry - I'm interested but not guaranteeing any offer - I might go for a strat!
    Did you check out the OP's pics on photobucket? The heel looks to me to be a completely standard post-1995 PRS CE neck heel. Researching it online might throw up some more info.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2014
    Will do - apologies... at work then out tonight - will get on the case!!
    Just checked - bigger heels than some moderns (e.g. mine) but not quite the heel from hell. Looks awesome. Strange that it's set up with 9s and not 10s, no? Is the action low?
    I'll see about trying one at the weekend but will also be looking at Fenders.
  • Will do - apologies... at work then out tonight - will get on the case!!
    Just checked - bigger heels than some moderns (e.g. mine) but not quite the heel from hell. Looks awesome. Strange that it's set up with 9s and not 10s, no? Is the action low?
    I'll see about trying one at the weekend but will also be looking at Fenders.I think all
    I think most PRS' come set up with 9s. I've got 10s on this one and have set it up accordingly. Yes the action is low. After you try one feel free to ask any questions but I'm away on holiday for 2 weeks as of Friday, so won't be able to respond to you till I get back.
  • RigsbyRigsby Frets: 62
    edited September 2014

@thomasross20 ... please see below photo with my McCarty and CE24 side by side. The top of the heel to the body is 55mm on the McCarty and 40mm on the CE24

edited September 2014
    Thanks! I think the heel is ok - too much for me on the McCarty, though. I'll PM you if interested enough to buy / ask more questions. Ah, so you have 10s on, that's good!

How does the Seymour Duncan pup sound and why'd you change it? Defo going to try one of these this week.. I'm spoilt for choice right now. I REALLY want a Suhr Pro S4 but they're £1860!!! I'm going to try some strats but I don't think they can compare - I will check, though. Then there's the PRS swamp ash special, but there's not one I can try close-by. And then there's this which is good value for money and I think looks great. Can't believe you've not had more interest!

Stupid question - what pup combniations does the switch give you (did it originally have a rotary knob)? Is it a 3-way or 5-way and are there coil taps?
    Also... is it Phase II locking tuners or..? I assume it stays in tune as well as any Custom 24 and there's not much fret wear.

Answers should be helpful to both me and anybody else who is interested (and enjoy your holiday!) :)
  • RigsbyRigsby Frets: 62
    edited September 2014

I've had a bit of interest but everyone's got something to sell and are asking about trades. I've got way too many guitars and don't really want anything else, so just looking for a straight sale.

The previous owner swapped out the HFS for the Duncan Custom Custom and also changed the 5 way rotary for the 3 way toggle. I was quite happy with the pick up and so never swapped it back. The Duncan is a bit more vintage sounding than the HFS (which is a hotter pick up) but I only know this from having previous guitars that had HFS pickups. I've not compared them in this CE24. The HFS and the rotary switch are both there as well, in the case. There's a coil tap on the tone pot. Yeah, its got the Phase II tuners and stays in tune brilliantly. I've not owned a CU 24 but had 2 x CE22s, a Modern Eagle, a Tremonti Signature, a Santana I, Santana II, a Santana PS and a CU22 Soapbar... all with trems and they all held their tuning very well. This CE24 does the same.

edited September 2014
    Sent you a pm. I'd be a cash buyer if I went for it. Hold off until I can try one out (but unfortunately, no promises just yet)! :) 5-way coil split is preferable, shame it wasn't using a blade. WIll check the one out in store and let you know.
    EDIT - So it's 3 way select and the tone pull-up splits the coils? That sounds ok.
    What do you own right now, out of interest, and what are your faves?