SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - PRS CU22 - 2002 USA core model Paul Reed Smith Guitar - £1150

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
edited July 2023 in Guitars £

Sold - PRS Custom 22 - £1200 £1150
 (collected from Nottingham)
I can pack and post, but would prefer collection so you can see it in person first.

Trades? Try me...
- PRS Std model (really like some of the solid colours, copper/cappacino etc)
- PRS Mira (core USA)

If, like me, you've been keeping an eye on prices of used PRS over the last few years (or any brand for that matter), you've probably clicked on this ad thinking, a USA core model PRS CU22 for that price - surely not. Well actually, yes! But, there's a story...

A previous owner of this guitar stripped the finish off and it was then re-finished. But, said owner, seemed to have also misplaced some of the parts (tuners, pickups, trem arm). So what we have here is a proper PRS CU22, but re-finished and not all original - then again all original models seem to range from £1700-£2500 at the moment, and what you get here is a guitar that looks gorgeous, plays superbly and sounds great.

Still interested?

Here's the spec:
 - 2002 PRS Custom 22
- Body - one piece mahogany back and 2 piece carved figured maple top
- Neck - one piece mahogany with rosewood fingerboard (with birds!)
- Tuners - PRS Phase II locking tuners
- Pickups - PRS Vintage Bass and HFS pickups (not original to this guitar as the spec card states Dragon IIs
- Bridge - PRS trem
- Electrics - Volume, Tone, 3 way switch (no coil splits - Mccarty style)

Since I bought the guitar I was able to source a pair of matching PRS Phase II tuners (it came with a mismatched set), I have levelled and polished the frets, and I replaced the pesky 5 way rotary switch with a 3 way toggle (which in my opinion is much better but the rotary switch is included).

Anomalies or potentially non-original bits:
- pickups are proper USA PRS, but not original to this guitar
- nut looks non-original to me
- trem arm is non-original and slightly modified to fit
- there were some additional holes in the rear of the headstock from some different tuners, I have filled these and re-lacquered the back of the headstock but the different lacquer is visible and feels a little more textured
- there may be other bits that are not original (rear covers, pickup surrounds) but I can't be sure
- there is a tiny bit of lacquer lifting on the edge of the fretboard at the upper fret end

But, at the heart of it, this is a great USA PRS Custom 22 for S2 or even SE money! It comes with its PRS hardcase, hang tag, original 5 way rotary etc...

LINK FOR PICTURES - for some reason the link doesn't appear to work, unless you cut and paste into your browser: https://imgur.com/a/Yk00IXo

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments