SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Fender American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster Reissue, 3-Tone Sunburst - £1650

What's Hot
Js24Js24 Frets: 7
edited August 2023 in Guitars £
Hi all,

Here is my 2016 American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster reissue in 3-Tone Sunburst - The AV65 line sunburst was a stunning 'target burst' finish.'

Very good condition, only a few minor scratches etc to be expected for the age, which I've tried my best to photograph, please see below.

The guitar has an upgraded Mojo Jazzmaster (58-64) overwound bridge pickup set. Completely stock other than this.

The neck is a 7.25 radius, mid 60s ‘C’. Weight is nice and light for a Jazzmaster, approx 3.6kg / 7.9lbs

Would prefer to arrange a collection from Bristol/Bath or happy to travel a little to meet up. Can also consider posting if buyer is too far away at buyers expense.

Body close-ups:

Neck close ups:

Back of body close ups:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• liftmanliftman Frets: 67
    Hard to beat the 65's!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Js24Js24 Frets: 7
    liftman said:
    Hard to beat the 65's!
    Yeah, Fender did a great job with the AV65 line for sure! 

It’s a great guitar. It sounds silly, but I’m only selling as in all honesty I’m a not very talented home guitarist who doesn’t need such a good guitar - so have decided to downgrade and go for a MIJ Jazzmaster which I can justify owning a little more and is still more than good enough for my use!

But I’ll be pretty sad to see it go. Hoping it’ll go to someone who will be able to play it a lot more than I have the last few years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just updated listing with the weight - it's coming out at approx 3.6kg / 7.9lbs using the scientific 'stand on scales with and without guitar' method.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7391
    Time was I’d have cut off a bollock for this. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2023
    Time was I’d have cut off a bollock for this. 
    Haha - sorry, cash or limbs only!
  • bwetsbwets Frets: 162
    Would love to buy this but I'm way short on funds!
    Price drop update. 
  • How’s the Mojo Jazzmaster (58-64) overwound bridge pickup set. How do these compare to SD Antiquity pickups?
    edited July 2023
    How’s the Mojo Jazzmaster (58-64) overwound bridge pickup set. How do these compare to SD Antiquity pickups?

I can't comment about how they directly compare to the SD Antiquities (almost bought a set but ended up being swayed by the Mojo's!)

The Mojo set felt like a really decent upgrade over the stock Pure Vintage 65 pickups. Not that the PV65's were bad, but I just wanted a little more oomph without losing any of the vintage Jazzmaster sound... and the Mojo's really nail that brief.

https://www.mojopickups.co.uk/product/jazzmaster-58-64-overwound-bridge/

It's a little odd there aren't any decent videos or sound clips out there, considering how they're pretty widely praised on a few forums - but I was really happy with the result.
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 693
    I like the MOJOs.

I had a very nice 65 Heavy Formvar in my 1970 which I bought on here last year. The bridge was an overwound. They worked really well together for what it's worth.

That said, I've only ever had 70s JMs, no 60s or reissues, so I can't compare to anything modern and stock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I need to move it on, so another bump and price drop… but very much at my lower ceiling now.
    Bump and another price drop
  • JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 235
    Man if I didn’t already have one I’d be all over this! People snap this up!! 
  • Agreed, price is bonkers and if I could I absolutely would. My wife would literally separate me from my old boy.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    Man if I didn’t already have one I’d be all over this! People snap this up!! 
    Agreed, price is bonkers and if I could I absolutely would. My wife would literally separate me from my old boy.
    Ha - thanks both!

Must admit I’ve been wondering if I was massively off in my pricing… it’s currently listed for less than I was hoping to get for it, but hoping someone will bite soon!
    Bump
    Now sold - pending payment 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1725
    Best to keep the prices up. even though this has sold. Cheers.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong