SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS PRS Torero and Squier Stratocaster

What's Hot
M1ckM1ck Frets: 254
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
Time for a bit of a clear out of gear I no longer use.

This is my PRS Torero, I believe its a 2011 model. It is in overall v/good condition with some very minor blemishes. it has a good action recent strings and weighs in at around 3kg (according to my scales) it has the truss rod spanner, Floyd Rose allen key, original trem arm and PRS gig bag. It was bought on a bit of a whim but I'm not (and as its come apparent never will be) a shredder! so its time for it to go.
**please note these are old photos - the issue with the saddles and intonation has previously been pointed out and corrected**

Specifications for the SE Torero are as follows:
Mahogany body with flame-maple veneer, arm carve and bound top
3-piece maple neck with thru-neck construction and a wide-thin carve with a heavily carved heel area
25 ½” scale length
Ebony bound fretboard with no inlay, 24 jumbo frets and a bound headstock
Standard EMG 81 and 85 pickups, a master volume and tone, 3-way blade switch and remote battery box
Chrome hardware, an original Floyd Rose 1000 Series bridge with brass block upgrade, standard PRS tuners and standard strap  buttons.

Photo of brass block added - this made a huge difference IMO - the tubing around the springs is to stop them vibrating and creating a bit of reverb, easily removed if not needed.

Full disclosure - there has been a chip out of the lacquer by the bridge at the trem arm side not immediately noticeable but has been repaired, **photo now added no idea how to highlight it but its just behind the trem arm**.

Looking for £400 ovno the going price for these seems to be around the £600 mark (yes I've seen them cheaper but 600 seems to be the average) so no low-ball offers please.

I also have a Squier Stratocaster (black logo and not a 'Strat'!) 3t sunburst with a maple neck its the guitar kit one so comes with the small amp lead and gig bag bought for me with the best of intentions by Mrs M1ck but only used very occasionally and not been picked up so far this year, no pics on this one unless anyone needs them. Would suit someone starting out on their musical journey.

Looking for £90 ovno 

I'd rather not post either of them if at all possible - meet up or collection near Newcastle upon Tyne preferred.

No trades please.

Happy to provide fresh photos of the PRS and of the Squier if anyone needs them.

**Update**

I have a cardboard box so can now post at cost if necessary (collection or meet-up still preferred) - no idea how much it is likely to be but will look into it further if there's any interest. Please note due to work commitments I am only able to post at weekends (unless I can persuade Mrs M1ck to sort it!)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1116
    Well i was thinking about getting the train to pick up the PRS but at £138 return offpeak from Bham to NCOT that's abit of a no no ! but if you decide to ship it out give me a shout ;)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4817
    Gizmo said:
    Well i was thinking about getting the train to pick up the PRS but at £138 return offpeak from Bham to NCOT that's abit of a no no ! but if you decide to ship it out give me a shout ;)

Have you tried trainline.com?  You ought to be be able to find it cheaper than that.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • M1ckM1ck Frets: 254
    **Update to original post**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2023
    Bump
    Picked the Torero up tonight - first time in months - tuning had barely moved and it sounded great, just a shame it doesn’t get the play time my other guitars do, and I still can’t shred  :s
    Happy Saturday!