SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

2 x 'Bird Of Prey' (Flying V) by Neil Morgan / Morgan Guitar Works

What's Hot
OnTheHuntOnTheHunt Frets: 60
edited August 2023 in Guitars £
I'm sure a few round here will remember Neil Morgan (though I seem to recall reading a thread or two with folks maybe wishing they couldn't!).  This couple of guitars came around the period of transition from Morgan Custom Guitars to Morgan Guitar Works, as far as I remember a different venture to focus on new shapes and ideas rather than re-hashing the usual suspects.  By this stage Neil's work was really top quality, proper good stuff.

The silver V here I had at home for a while when it was built, before handing it back with some minor suggestions for a tweak here and there.... was rather hoping to buy it proper after that, but it went to a Mastodon show, Bill Kelliher opened the tour with it then took it home!  I've kept in touch with Bill on and off over the years and some time down the line during a messy night out at a Mastodon show I bought it from him.

I was into 7s at the time so ordered the black lad after Bill took the other.  I'm pretty sure they're 2 of only 3 to have been built, with the first being a prototype which although a great guitar, isn't quite as refined as these two.

This Music Radar article explains a bit about the guitar, the spec and how the silver ended up with Bill.  Both in great condition - only thing which sets them off pretty much 'as new' is two small dings on the Silver which, after years of keeping them mint, I did this morning taking it out of the case!  Very minor and of course pics to whomever might be interested.  The paint jobs are 'sparkle', which looks amazing in the flesh, way more than my poor photography 'skills' relay.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/introducing-the-morgan-guitar-works-bird-of-prey-257536

£1500 each, need to be picked up no later than August 17th.  After that I'm outta here on a one-way ticket and these will sit in storage for who knows how long.

They're also on eBay (not that I suspect anyone will stumble upon them there) with more pics and I can of course provide whatever pics/video call you like.  Any questions, fire away.  

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4319
    Very cool indeed, particularly the Mastodon connection!!! 

I didn’t realise it was that exact one that Bill used for a while, that means that the Jr that I built on one of Neil’s courses has its twin neck from the same chunk of maple - Neil showed us the BoP in-progress while we were there! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Final bump.  Still have both, reducing to £1500 each picked up in PL18.  Leaving country next weekend so need to be gone by Thurs 17th latest.

Only trade I'd consider would be Quad Cortex related (my imminent 'rig' for a while abroad!).

Thanks.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom