SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted PRS Santana MD

What's Hot
Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 192
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
Sorted so no longer available
I have been keeping my promises and steadily chipping away at my guitar gear, and having sold the Chris Robertson, I am now down to one guitar, I am just not hundred percent sure that is THE one guitar, which it would need to be
So I am offering this 2008 PRS Santana MD with a specific ideal trade in mind, a different PRS Core guitar
I am pretty much settled that the one guitar would need to be a PRS 

Full Fat Santana goodness including original leather artist case
The Santana is in fine condition, and will stand up to any inspection when we get to the ‘You show me yours and I’ll show you mine’  stage - bit of tarnishing on the pickup covers as is usual

The quality and workmanship on this Santana is outstanding, I love the 24 Frets, the Santana pick ups and pretty much most about this guitar speaks to  me
But I don’t want to settle for the one guitar being 90% there if it can be bettered.
In a perfect world, I would be able to afford to keep a few Core PRS and this would be staying for sure, but I get on better with the traditional PRS custom shape in preference to the Santana double cut

To narrow it down for an ideal trade,  definitely set neck, definitely not wide thin neck - Pattern Regular ideal but wide fat doable, fancy trying a Pattern Vintage 
Definitely 25 inch scale or less, I would be super interested in a Core 594 and not overly heavy so would also be very interested in a semi Hollow, prefer 24 frets so Custom 24 is a goer but 22 frets would not be a dealbreaker for a special guitar
HH would be preferable, quite like some of the newer pickups so a recent model is attractive

So in essence, if somebody has a rather special or interesting PRS Core to trade and would like to add a Santana to their arsenal without going through protracted, selling and experiencing dispiriting part exchange values I will be very keen to discuss a potential trade, I could also offer a bit of cash for something super special 

Am based in Nottingham

PRS SE Chris Robertson Sold
The cull continues, and my promises have to be kept, having moved on the Genz I am looking to reduce my guitars now to 1 or two guitars maximum and this just makes the hit list as I have another PRS which is a double cut

This has a PRS USA Tremonti in the bridge and a BareKnuckle Stockholm P90 in the neck, I do have the original P90, which the buyer can have for free of course
The previous owner also sanded the neck down to get rid of stickiness and added SE locking tuners Schaller Strap buttons and a PRS American nut

Has a great range of sounds having separate tone and volume controls for each pick up and a coil split, of course for the bridge, pick up

Being scrupulous, as I always try to be, there are a couple of little dinks that I have tried to capture as best I can in the photographs, a couple on the top side of the body and a small dink on the side of the fretboard
Tiny bit of fretwear
really not much at all, and is in good condition otherwise.
Happy to take some more photographs of course

The other thing to mention, is that this example, it’s not overly heavy, which these Chris Robertson’s can be, I don’t have any accurate scales, but I would put it at 7 1/2 pounds approximately

All in all an ideal gigging workhorse, I would say given the useful changes and good value I think at £460 - Sold

Comes with the SE Gig Bag, so shipping is difficult, a mug of tea awaits in Nottingham for a leisurely strum and a chinwag, I could potentially meet in the typical Fretboard car park but I’m unable to travel very far. I am afraid.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pruddprudd Frets: 682
    That is very pleasant, and a great price too in my humble opinion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6073
    That looks absolutely brilliant and there is no one better to deal with than Martin 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 514
    That is a bargain!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There is a Facebook group called Black stone Cherry "Cherry Heads".  I am sure you will get interest if you place an add on there.
  • Thanks for all your kind comments and suggestions as always, got to love the fretboard
    Chris Robertson sold
    Santana MD up for trade
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
    That Santana! It's the one you told me you'd never sell! Gorgeous!
    But, don't do something you might regret!
  • Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 192
    edited September 2023
    Thanks @RevMatt, I am a fickle soul, it has to be said!
    I do love it, been passing time playing a couple of the newer customs and specials in some dealers recently and had my eye turned a bit…  just questioning if I can only have one……beginning to fall out of love a bit if you know what I mean, not sure if it’s gas or balanced reasoning which is why I resisted doing the deal there and then, the Santana would be near impossible to replace but mulling over if that’s a good enough reason .. also tried a PJE , I can now see why you like them so much, could be swayed by one of those too….
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864
    edited September 2023
    Totally get your thinking and having seen the Santana in the flesh I can confirm it is a thing of absolute beauty
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 632
    It is a thing of beauty, I can just tell.