SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Novo Serus T (on hold)

What's Hot
AlunAlun Frets: 135
edited November 2023 in Guitars £
UPDATE: On hold for potential trade

Hi folks, this is a bit of a tentative post, as this is a sensational guitar that I originally had no intention of selling, but you know how it goes - I’ve seen something that’s making me reconsider and this is the guitar that’ll have to go if I want to get it, so I’m going to see if there’s any interest here. 

This is a stunning Novo Serus T with a Creamery Hidden Humbucker (sounds more Firebird than PAF to my ears) in the neck position and a McNelly T-Bar in the bridge (more akin to a P90 sound). It’s a beautiful combo that sounds great in every position and covers a lot of styles. When I bought it earlier this year I thought I’d be swapping them straight away but over time realised what a good match they were and decided to stick. It should be noted that the guitar has been wired with a 3-way positioning switch rather than the 4-way you might normally see on a Serus T. 

Other features include a tempered/roasted maple neck and pine body, rosewood fingerboard and clay markers. The guitar comes with a Novo gig bag and optional parchment/white pick guard, which cost the original owner an extra £100 to be made by Novo. 

Anyone that has played a Novo will tell you just how incredibly loud and resonant these things are acoustically - when I played this over Zoom to my brother he couldn’t believe it wasn’t plugged in. The fretwork and quality of finishing is also top notch as you’d expect with something of this pedigree. It’s just a stunning guitar and I’m honestly questioning my sanity for even considering selling it on. 

I’ll upload some more pictures and some video clips tomorrow, but wanted to get this up as early as I could to gauge interest. I paid £3250 for this earlier in the year but I’m going to pitch this at £2800 £2600 on here, a pretty hefty reduction. I’m located near Reading and would prefer a collection, but I could look into sourcing a courier if needed. 

I’d be potentially interested in trades so happy to consider them too. A Novo with dual P90s, gold foils or humbuckers would be interesting, as would a Nik Huber Krautster, or a PRS McCarty (regular or Soapbar). 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 269
    This was mine previously and a truly stunning guitar - I wish I could afford to buy it back! 
    I don't suppose you would like a vintage Super Reverb in part X? Haha!
    GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlunAlun Frets: 135
    Sharky77 said:
    This was mine previously and a truly stunning guitar - I wish I could afford to buy it back! 
    I don't suppose you would like a vintage Super Reverb in part X? Haha!
    GLWTS
    Haha sadly amps are not an option for me right now! All PC based for recording currently, but one day perhaps. 

But yeah, it’s a proper “guitar for life” and there’s a very good chance I’ll change my mind in the next day or so, but we’ll see. It’s up there with the best stuff I’ve ever played at any price. 
    Giving this a bump just in case it takes anyone’s fancy. Apologies for not managing more pics yet, been one of *those* weeks this week. 
    Updated with a new album of pics - will add previews to the post tonight. Also updated the trades a little bit to be more clear on the kind of thing I’d be after.
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    Whilst never doubting the quality, I’ve always been left a bit cold by these. But those new pictures…love it, honestly. Very cool!

bobacco said:
    Whilst never doubting the quality, I’ve always been left a bit cold by these. But those new pictures…love it, honestly. Very cool!
    Everyone’s tastes are different, totally understandable! But good to know this one has some appeal, haha. I really should take a picture or two with the white pickguard too - gives it a different vibe. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2023
    Updated with proper image links, also added one of the guitar with the white/parchment guard. Now listed on Reverb and shortly eBay for the original price I paid. But still available for now and open to offers to Fretboard folks. Try me!
    Mid week bump! There's something I've got my eye on, which means I am very much open to offers over the next few days if someone fancies grabbing themselves a (relative) bargain...
    edited October 2023
    I may regret this, but offering a price drop to £2600 for this weekend to see if there's any interest. Also may be at the London Int Guitar Show tomorrow if anyone fancies checking it out in person!
  • God I wish I could grab this. 
    Another bump for what is probably the best priced Novo you’ll find…
    Bumpity bump. Got someone potentially coming to view the guitar on Monday, so a bit of time left for anyone that might have been on the fence…
    New week, new bump! Had some interest but still available for now. For trades I’d be particularly interested to hear from anyone with a PRS Hollowbody, Studio, DGT, McCarty, McSoapy, etc. 
    Bump, still available. 
    edited November 2023
    Weekend bump

Full disclosure, will likely withdraw this soon if there’s no interest, as the guitar I wanted to buy with the money has been sold.  
  • APB73APB73 Frets: 16
    DM sent 
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 912
    I played one of these today and was blown away how it felt and sounded. GLWTS 
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo