12 String Electric Guitar Bridge Screws

What's Hot
Rich31kRich31k Frets: 857
edited October 2023 in Making & Modding
I bought a Burns Double Six 12-string electric. And it sounds great, and is nice to play. But some of the screws on the Gotoh 12 string bridge are threaded. The two in the photo below are probably the worst, but some more are similar. 

I bought it new, so could return it, but I like the guitar. Anyone know where I could get replacements fairly easily?
IMG_4220.jpeg 669.8K
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7344
    tFB Trader
    They're M3 thread so you should be able to find some on eBay or wherever. At a push you could use longer ones and cut them down to fit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    edited October 2023
    This usually happens when people try to loosen them without backing off the saddle height screws slightly first. Surprising on a new guitar, but maybe someone at the shop had a go at it…

I wouldn’t return it for something so trivial though, even if you have to replace the screws yourself.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Rich31kRich31k Frets: 857
    Thanks @SteveRobinson and @ICBM. Might ask the shop if they’ll send a few screws out. 
  • ^ or refund you a few quid at least
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom