Zane Lowe - king of cringe. .....

What's Hot
Apologies for stating a negative thread - maybe this should be in 'Need to Vent'...... but it pains md that this guy does big artist interviews...... Anyone seen any of his interviews over the last couple of years? They are terrible - he insists on inserting himself into the narrative and is always stressing that he is friends with the artist or band and attempting to portray some sort of deep relationship with them..... it's awful 
On top of that he must be one of THE most pretentious people on the planet..... pushing his overblown perceptions of what songs mean and constantly blowing smoke up the backsides of the people he interviews. Urgh..... can we give someone else a turn please?
I am not a fan of Blink 182 but tried to watch a bit of his interview with them..... it's shocking. I challenge anyone to get past the first 5 minutes without the aid of alcohol or narcotics. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE6RpGJJWlQ&t=1005s
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    I remember him on Up For It on MTV UK. That was a great show. I couldn't believe that a Kiwi was on UK telly. It seemed sort of impossible. Anyway I agree with everything you say lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • roberty said:
    I remember him on Up For It on MTV UK. That was a great show. I couldn't believe that a Kiwi was on UK telly. It seemed sort of impossible. Anyway I agree with everything you say lol
    Yes - I remember him being on MTV - when that was actually a thing - he had a show where he'd sit on a brown leather sofa and interview new "indie" bands - when that was actually a thing lol - it was a pretty good show - and I even enjoyed him on radio 1. He seemed genuinely enthusiastic. 

But he's truly terrible now! 

If you don't mind me asking @roberty why the disbelief about a Kiwi? Are you a kiwi? Or is it just because its a rare occurrence?
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 483
    I really liked him back in the 90's when he was on Radio 1, but he comes across as a prize tit these days... what surprised me the most, not having seen anything of him for years, was how his accent has completely changed, it used to be pretty recognisable 
    roberty said:
    Yes - I remember him being on MTV - when that was actually a thing - he had a show where he'd sit on a brown leather sofa and interview new "indie" bands - when that was actually a thing lol - it was a pretty good show - and I even enjoyed him on radio 1. He seemed genuinely enthusiastic. 

But he's truly terrible now! 

If you don't mind me asking @roberty why the disbelief about a Kiwi? Are you a kiwi? Or is it just because its a rare occurrence?
    Yeah I grew up in a little beach town in NZ, MTV and London seemed like a different planet to my 14 year old self
  • Never been a fan. Never understood the appeal. His kissarsery is on a whole other level. Fully cringeworthy. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7714
    I didn't watch the video all the way through, but I was left wondering if he was interviewing himself.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1343
    Hey Google - define "sycophant"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7034
    edited October 2023
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 997
    edited October 2023
    Thats cool @roberty - when did you come to the UK?

Ha ha - you're right @BillDL its just awful isn't it? I feel bad starting a negative thread. I just think it's t worth noting that hes really out there pushing the boundaries of how cringey a person can be.....

Some times I wonder what the artist/band are thinking and wonder they don't call him on his BS......

It shows that there is room for a really good music show - Jools Holland has fallen off (imho) but it'd be great to see a show with good interviews and live 
    performances......
    Nearly 20 years ago now mate. I've been anglicised. Can't climb trees any more
  • I remember him from MTV around the same time as Davina McColl. He seemed pretty good back then.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • That video is total cringe.
    He crawled up Damon Albarn's bum recently as well. Albarn looked a bit uncomfortable in places
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Never heard of him , I thought this was a post about that guy who writes western stories you always see in libraries but that was zane grey
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5129
    I remember him from 20 odd years ago but I rarely come across him now as I can;t imagine he'd be doing any bands i  have any interest in. 

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7714
    edited October 2023
    roberty said:
    He crawled up Damon Albarn's bum recently as well. Albarn looked a bit uncomfortable in places
    "Uncomfortable" trivialises the agony the poor guy must have been in.  What places?  The anus, rectum and into the descending colon are obvious, but did he manage to force his way up through to the ileum and as far as the duodenum?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12506
    roberty said:
    Did your stock of 'small hands' make the trip with you?
    Offset said:
    roberty said:
    Did your stock of 'small hands' make the trip with you?
    I stole them from a paediatric ward
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 406
    Re: Zane Lowe, I've found him desperately annoying since I first heard his voice. I didn't need to click a link to know that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2661
    Jfingers said:
    Re: Zane Lowe, I've found him desperately annoying since I first heard his voice. I didn't need to click a link to know that.
    Me too. I remember a RATM tribute show he did that nearly had me throwing the radio through the window.