SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gibson Les Paul Standard 1995 - reduced £1650

What's Hot
supessupes Frets: 189
edited November 2023 in Guitars £
Stunning 1995 Gibson Les Paul Standard in Heritage Cherry Sunburst.

The neck is on the slim side, but not super slim, and definitely not chunky. Mahogany body, maple top, a, 22-fret rosewood fretboard, a Gibson 490R Humbucker in the neck position, and a Gibson 498T in the bridge.

Overall condition is very good for a 1995 guitar, coming up to 30 years old, but it does have some points worth mentioning if you like your guitars "as new". There's some chips on the headstock, a couple of small "dents" on the body, light scratches and some light marks/discolouration on the neck. 

Of course none of that affects playability. Plenty of life left in the frets too. 

Prices for 1990's Les Pauls look to be north of £2k, some considerably more. This one is a bargain, yours for only £1800. I can't find a cheaper one for sale with this finish or in this condition.

Collect/meet in North-East or i will courier. I prefer to use Lenspeed Logictics to courier music gear. He's an ex-roadie that set-up a courier business, great service and no worries about damage. It sometimes means waiting a few days, but worth it for peace of mind. 
I will use a regular courier if you wish, at your risk etc.

I've got the pickguard too. Case included, broken lock but all latches work fine.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2073
    I would also recommend Len for peace of mind transporting of guitars at any value. I used him earlier this year for a vintage strat for example
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That’s really really awesome and with 80s ones getting more expensive  cool to have a mid 90s one . Great price. Good luck with the sale  I can see it inducing gas in forum members 
  • supessupes Frets: 189
    @hollywoodrox cheers! It's a beast of a Les Paul, i looked for ages for the right finish after seeing Scott Gorham from Thin Lizzy playing something similar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 853
    edited November 2023
    supes said:
    @hollywoodrox cheers! It's a beast of a Les Paul, i looked for ages for the right finish after seeing Scott Gorham from Thin Lizzy playing something similar
    Similar finish but a deluxe was his foil. Lovely though.
    Bump and price drop to £1750
    Last bump and final price drop to £1700
  • Nice axe!
  • I have one of these in the same colour. Absolutely amazing guitar, has been the bar by which every other guitar I have owned has been ranked. Few have surpassed it.
  • Evildurka said:
    I have one of these in the same colour. Absolutely amazing guitar, has been the bar by which every other guitar I have owned has been ranked. Few have surpassed it.
    Me too (see great LP thread). I'd be all over this if I didn't need to downsize the group. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

@Evildurka couldn't agree more. Unfortunately i can't keep the amount of guitars i have, got to let some go. I'm getting too old to play a Les Paul all night unfortunately. Wherever it goes though, they're getting an absolute belter of a guitar.
  • I would be all over it if I could shift my evh wolfgang usa stealth.
  • Looks like yours was made 7 weeks before mine, going by the serial numbers - same colour too. Such good guitars, whoever gets this will have a very special instrument! 
  • I will check my serial number later when I get home out of interest  :)
  • Mine's from July/August from memory.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• mine is 28th November 1995
    £1650 if that tempts you! 

I've had a fair few offers for trades. The only thing i'd consider is a light, very slim neck SG, but i still need mostly cash unfortunately. 

• Stunning Les Paul for a great price. I just wish I'd be living in the UK