SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: FS Gretsch 2019 G6119t "Tennessee Rose"

What's Hot
DownsmanDownsman Frets: 6
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
I'm looking to move on my Gretsch Players Edition G6119T Tennessee Rose. 

It's in as close to mint condition as you can get with a 4 year old guitar. The chrome parts have a slight patina, and the back some very faint swirling that doesn't turn up in photos, but otherwise pretty much exactly as it left the factory. Original case and case candy all there. Has new D'Addario Half Round 10s on it. 

This is now the fourth Gretsch I've bought, and the 4th I'm moving on. I love everything about Gretches, the history of them, the amazing players from Eddie Cochran to Brian Setzer and beyond, the tones, the look, the hit records they were played on. Everything. Except playing them. I've sadly come to the realisation that I just don't get on with hollow body guitars. I like my slab bodies with contours. Jaguars and Jazzmasters in particular. 

Photos below, and here's Greg and Joey at Wildwood Guitars showing off this model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TBukAjZftQ&t=105s

I'm looking for £1700 £1650 which is what less than I paid for it a couple of years ago and it's been living in my house, mostly in its case, ever since. 

I could be open to trades for an interesting Fender, in particular a nitro Jazzmaster or say the KO Johnny Marr Jag, or something interesting from the American Vintage line. 

Ideally collection. I'm in Lewes, which isn't too far from Brighton. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So I kind of accidentally bought a 60th Anniversary Jazzmaster in nitro Fiesta Red yesterday. Hadn't seen one pop up before so grabbed it while I could. So ideally looking for a sale rather than a trade for my Gretsch. Any questions about it just ask. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's still here. Had a couple of trade offers, but I really am in selling mode after buying that Jazzmaster. Make me an offer I can't refuse :) 
  • Ooh, that’s gorgeous 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mankytommankytom Frets: 290
    edited November 2023
    I have the same guitar.. it’s very nice.. really nice neck on mine glwts man! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Price drop to £1650 as I really do need to help pay for that Jazzmaster I just bought :)
  • Still here. Lots of trade offers, but a sale is preferable. Unless you have a metallic KO Johnny Marr Jag, or a Player Series Gretsch Jet or Broadkaster (6609 or 6659). It's the body size I'm not getting on with, so still hoping I can find a Gretsch that works for me. Or the Electromatic equivalents plus cash. One reason for sale is I'm wanting to get the new Fender Tonemaster Pro modeller, so if you got one and realise it's not for you, and you're past the return window, that could be a trade as well. 
  • Good luck with your sale