SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD FS / FT RARE Epiphone coronet 1959/60

What's Hot
designerseye88designerseye88 Frets: 990
edited December 2023 in Guitars £
Hi Guys, 

Looking to let go what I've always considered a pretty special guitar. Your eyes do no deceive you. This is the lovechild of a 59 Coronet style and a 60's one. This guitar retains the body shape of the 59 style coronets but has the pickup and finish of the thinner 60 body style coronet. Very few were made in this configuration and their is only one other currently for sale in the US. Exchanges with Mat over at Gibson suggest theirs only a handful of these out there as they used up the last remaining bodes of the 59 black coronets and fitted them with p90's after the New York pickups ran out. 
The guitar was believed to be previously owned by Alan Rogan (Tech for The Who) but I have no supporting evidence besides verbal from those close to Alan. 
When i bought this guitar it had a well repaired headstock crack. It's totally solid and does not affect the guitar in any way. The guitar currently sports a Mojoaxe tailpiece but the original will be included. Besides the crack everything to my knowledge is original Including the electronics. It's a superb guitar and one that I'll miss. 
Always hard to value something so rare but the one in the US (Which also has a headstock break) is currently on reverb for £14000. I am looking to sell this one for £7500 ONO. NOW £7000

Thanks 

3reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Got a picture of the repair?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wellsyboy said:
    Got a picture of the repair?
    Will upload one this eve when I'm home. 
  • Wow just wow

• OMG
  • Price amended to reflect other socials.  
  • Kind hearted Coronet bump 
      Good luck with the sale
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Kind hearted Coronet bump 
      Good luck with the sale
    Thank you
  • Little reminder nudge re Headstock repair picture
  • wellsyboy said:
    Little reminder nudge re Headstock repair picture
    Yep sorry, just need to upload to my flickr and get it uploaded 
  • This is a really cool guitar BTW - I have a Collings DCS and in spite of the single P90 it's really versatile. What's this one like??

• @wellsyboy Sorry for the delay, mad weekend with the kids. Pic above of the break. No idea when it happened but its a solid repair and never had any issues with it. It doesn't go up the headstock in anyway. 

This guitar is superb, This one has always felt like a more beefier p90, almost humbucker like. Vert versatile and when I bought this one I also had a vintage junior to compare. I came home with this one. It was just more raw and versatile. 

• @wellsyboy Sorry for the delay, mad weekend with the kids. Pic above of the break. No idea when it happened but its a solid repair and never had any issues with it. It doesn't go up the headstock in anyway. 

This guitar is superb, This one has always felt like a more beefier p90, almost humbucker like. Vert versatile and when I bought this one I also had a vintage junior to compare. I came home with this one. It was just more raw and versatile. 
    Thank you
  • Just to update I am open to partial trades, ideally something Gibson but would also need some cash my side. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    edited November 2023
    Kind hearted Coronet bump 
      Good luck with the sale
    Very good, I get the movie reference, even if some others don’t! 

GLWTS OP.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Price drop to £7000 
  • Lots of interest and trade offers but it's still available bump
  • On Hold pending