Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Selling advice; potential scammer?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VarunVarun Frets: 83
    With regards to Artur I’ve done several deals with him and I believe @JakeLoosemore and @WTB22 have as well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And I believe Artur is @GuitarGearFreak but I don’t think he’s active on these forums 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarGearFreakGuitarGearFreak Frets: 4
    edited November 2023
    Hello everyone! My name is Artur, I’m a musician from Poland, I’m real, no worries :) Regards!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I happily retract my previous comments
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7202
    Wow, these scams are getting more complex!  ;)

hope the deal goes through ok.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andyg_prs said:
    I didn't know that someone could reverse a bank transfer.  However after once receiving a dodgy £20 note (yes it was only one) for high value sales, if not via paypal, I've had people come and see the guitar.......then we've gone to the bank with the guitar and the cash......once the bank has accepted the money, it's confirmed as genuine, then I hand over the guitar.

I've had someone back out of a sale because that approach 'made them nervous'.

But at some point, there is always risk.  If someone buys through eBay they can make a false claim about the item they've received.

The same with PayPal and stories of people returning a guitar case full of bricks but using their courier info as 'proof'.

Cash can be counterfeit.

Now someone has said that a bank transfer paid via credit card can be reversed....

It's a tough one....
    Damn it’s getting tricky , well done on weeding out the one who wouldn’t go to the bank 
  • Hi all, thanks again for all your advice. Just to comfirm; the deal went smoothly - Artur (GuitarGearFreak) was a pleasure to deal with (totally understood my initial worries) and Varun was really helpful in arranging to me me and transferring the funds over me on handover which Artur had sent to him before hand to ovoid any potential delays (Artur/Varun even offered to transfer the funds last night, but as I'm not a wellknown member of the forum/haven't been here long I felt more comfortable receiving payment upon handover)
    Was great to meet Varun - great guy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Likewise @GibboDen was great. Super smooth transaction in the end. 
  • BowksBowks Frets: 440
    edited November 2023
    @Varun reading this gives me a little more confidence as I think @GuitarGearFreak came to me this week for a guitar. Just struggling with the logistics.
    Is it re the MM Majesty @Bowks? Yeah Artur mentioned he had spoken to you. Sorry a bit slammed with work this week so I can’t meet more central unfortunately. 
  • Just to comment again, was great dealing with Artur (and Varun) and a few weeks or whatever it's been down the line, no issues
  • ParkaParka Frets: 11
    Enjoyed reading through this thread. Great seeing the forum working in support of its members.