SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD!!!: Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12 cab

What's Hot
Surfmonkey77Surfmonkey77 Frets: 274
edited October 2014 in Amps £
This is your bog standard nice and heavy Mesa Rectifier cab, standard version not the silly oversized cab.

It has seen some use but good overall condition and sounds great. Unfortunately I no longer have the casters but it is on rubber feet.

Not looking for trades or offers, £350 collected from Taunton, Somerset please.

imageimageimageimageimage
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chenzmanchenzman Frets: 200
    Bargain!! Good luck with the sale dude :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @chenzman thanks!
  • Got a question. With these massive amps having to be cranked up when does it see use!? Unless you've a detached house / sound-proofed room lol!?
  • Well, I do have a detached house and a sound proof room funnily enough! But my mesa head has switchable wattage so you don't have to put 100w down the line the whole time. And remember, this is just a cab, you can stick a 15w head through if you want, no need to kill the neighbours if you have them!
  • And @thomasross20 its more about tone from certain cabs rather than what volume you could output or wattage they can handle. The tone of the V30s in this cabinet design and build is amazing. I love the sound they produce, they are just damn heavy!
  • Thanks!!
    I really need to figure out what it is I need. Reckon I prefer a simple single channel and put FX prior to it.
  • @thomasross20 you need a mesa dual rectifier head and a mesa 4x12, and I just happen to have both for sale.... Hooorah!

Everyone needs at least 3 channels, clean, warm driven crunch and finally killer butt weakening lead!

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    edited October 2014
    I'd never get to use my Suhr Riot Distortion :( Lol..
    I don't know enough yet as to what I need and don't have the room right now but looks good!
    Dunno about channels I need... and whether to go combo or head/cab.. (can a head go straight into a PA - do you HAVE to buy a cab for live?). ALso not sure about tube vs solid state (i.e. tube being heavier than ss and requiring new tubes etc). Anyway, deserving of another thread!
  • @thomasross20 well there is and endless supply of advice and opinion out there, but I will pass on the best advice I ever got. There is no right or wrong bit of kit or tone, if it feels good and sounds good to you, use it. Play everything, listen to everything and make your own mind up. I like what I like, although perfect for me it may not be for you. Don't be a follower, go your own way. 
    Hope that helps!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Defo!! It'll be some time before I make any choice. Just starting to check out the options now though.
    Many thanks!