Route to Release?

What's Hot
Hey
Im an almost 40 year old with a goal of releasing an album before I am 40.

I have the albums vision clear in my mind, and have already written and roughly recorded half a dozen of the track for it.

I’ve an artist name and album title. I even have a vision for album artwork and sleeve notes.

but what I lack is the knowledge of how to release it, promote it and get it heard. I don’t know whether I am better to flood all of the labels in the UK with the album and try to get it picked up or what,

In terms of the album genre, if I had to put it into a box it would be Electronic Ambient Conceptual.

the Album title will be
The Forest at 40

and will be a flowing set of tracks that could be played as a single mix with linking short transition tracks. Think Classic JMJ where a track can be played in isolation, but the real beauty and elation comes from listening from front to back. 

Does anyone have experience in getting material out there, and listened to? I am not looking for financial success I just want to achieve one of my goals before I am 40. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hey mate, you're in luck - "releasing" is an absolute doddle

Write.
    Record.

Now to release:
    - Soundcloud - free and easy to use.
    - Bandcamp - where people can stream your music a limited number of "try before you buy" and then buy it digitally (or cd/vinyl if you have those done)
    - Spotify and other streaming - the big bad wolf. You'll need a distributor to do this for you. I use DistroKid but there are others such as CDBaby.

That should be enough to get you started.

I don't think labels really pick things up in the way they used to. You have to be on social media and releasing (or of course gigging) to get picked up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom