Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Mac line-up

What's Hot

Forget the ipad retina 2

New mac line up is interesting.

All mac minis are dual core only, but the second you spec em up to get better performance you hit the imac price range

Why even bother with the mini?

1.4Ghz imac (dual core but with 8GB memory now £900), but then for £150 more you get a quad core.

New top of the range 27 inch 5k retina imac looks very tasty the price tag not quite so.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    It has always been that way, iMac is better value but then you end up with a lot of bloody screens when you upgrade !
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    Also, mac minis are bait for Window users ....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    The iMac design is looking a bit tired.
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    We have a load of Mac Minis at work to drive the big tellys in meeting rooms they are nice tidy little machines. 

If you've already got a keyboard, mouse and screen then a Mac Mini is less than half the price of an iMac. 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7349
    Luckily I work for a certain American Fruity Computer Company, so I get them all cheap anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Loaded Yosemite on my 4GB macbook air and it gone from having on average 35-50% free memory to 10-15%.   all seems to work well for email and web surfing but its a slight concern that it might run out of memory is i give it anything complex to do.

• And here's me wondering who was on guitar etc!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    koneguitarist;383223" said:
    And here's me wondering who was on guitar etc!
    And me. I secretly yearn for a Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac featuring Jeremy Spencer plus Danny Kirwan lineup reunion. I know it'll never happen tho.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

stonevibe said:
    Luckily I work for a certain American Fruity Computer Company, so I get them all cheap anyway.
    Blackberry ? :/

Feedback
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Jalapeno said:
    stonevibe said:
    Blackberry ? :/

They're Canadian eh ;)
    Loaded Yosemite on my 4GB macbook air and it gone from having on average 35-50% free memory to 10-15%.   all seems to work well for email and web surfing but its a slight concern that it might run out of memory is i give it anything complex to do.
    Given their software release quality record recently I'm holding off everything ...

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    With all that syncing going on no wonder it uses more memory.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    edited October 2014
    the top of the line i7 quad core offered on the 2012 mac mini benchmark:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...QM+%40+2.60GHz

and heres the top of the line i7 dual core benchmark from the 2014 model:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?....00GHz&id=2345

Stolen from a Sneapster. Just coz.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Really disappointing there is no quad core. Was thinking of putting a small Logic/garage band work station together for the kids as that is what they use at school.
  • stonevibe said:
    I have a work mac (amongst many, many other laptops and jazz)
    I have logged into it once. I just dont get the hype. Its a computer. Yeah its a bit shiny but the way every bangs on I was half expecting it to suck my penis or something. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7349
    stonevibe said:
    I have a work mac (amongst many, many other laptops and jazz)
    I have logged into it once. I just dont get the hype. Its a computer. Yeah its a bit shiny but the way every bangs on I was half expecting it to suck my penis or something. 
    If the computer at work does start sucking your penis, then it is probably time to lay off the acid...
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    edited October 2014
    ...I just dont get the hype. Its a computer. Yeah its a bit shiny but the way every bangs on...
    You just need to get out less, then you'll understand their perspective. ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7066
    I thought this was going to be a thread about Mick Fleetwood packing up his sticks...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28447
    stonevibe said:
    Can I have a job for a day @stonevibe because a MacBook Pro is calling me (and I've not got access to education prices anymore!!)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    stonevibe;383979" said:
    meltedbuzzbox said:

stonevibe said:

Or sell me the Mac :-)

I have a work mac (amongst many, many other laptops and jazz)I have logged into it once. I just dont get the hype. Its a computer. Yeah its a bit shiny but the way every bangs on I was half expecting it to suck my penis or something. 

If the computer at work does start sucking your penis, then it is probably time to lay off the acid...