NAD: Every Amp Ever Made

What's Hot
BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2250
Look what arrived today. Looking forward to trying this little thing out! 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1432
    Enjoy!  Got at least a 10-day wait for mine  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2250
    First impressions are amazing. Loaded a Dumble Mayer tone and a Matchless driven tone. I’ve removed the cab simulations and playing through the power cab input on my Katana. 

It feels and sounds like you’re playing a real amp. I’ve had a helix before, but the real feel of this is on another level. 

I’m blown away! 

I thought it would be fiddly to use, but it’s not at all and very intuitive. The only pain is setting up the software. 

It’s amazing to think this much capability is available in a tiny pedal at less than the cost of a night out. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3000
    Nice :) currently weighing up whether to get one of these or a Captor for my amp that otherwise never gets used any more! Same sort of price but obviously these do a lot more which is leaning me toward the ToneX. 
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 446
    Brilliant, enjoy. 
    TTBZ said:
    Nice :) currently weighing up whether to get one of these or a Captor for my amp that otherwise never gets used any more! Same sort of price but obviously these do a lot more which is leaning me toward the ToneX. 
    If your amp has an FX loop, the ToneX is a great option IMO. You could therefore bypass the pre amp and only use the power section, and then use the ToneX to delivery the Pre Amp of any amp you can think off. 

Strange how this isn’t so popular on here yet. If Kemper released something like this everyone would be saying what a bargain it is. But what you get with this is a Kemper and more with the added benefit of everything IK Media has to offer, such as AmpliTube etc. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    edited May 11
    I might have to get one of these. I've got some powered monitors that would do for amplifying it.

EDIT - could be my perfect lounge rig.

Guitar or Bass > Tuner > Overdrive (for guitar) > Tonex One with 2 sounds, 1 for guitar and 1 for Bass > Powered Monitor.

Don't need anything else for the lounge!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8085

You're welcome to pop round and hear my full-sized Tonex pedal, I reckon it sounds fabulous through my Katana.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    I didn’t realise you had one!

Definitely have to organise that.

No need for a tuner, ToneX one has one built in ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Rikki Thrash!

He’s a funny guy. 

• Congrats :)

I have the full fat version and will definitely be getting one of these too. 
  • BodBod Frets: 1432
    I might have to get one of these. I've got some powered monitors that would do for amplifying it.

EDIT - could be my perfect lounge rig.

Guitar or Bass > Tuner > Overdrive (for guitar) > Tonex One with 2 sounds, 1 for guitar and 1 for Bass > Powered Monitor.

Don't need anything else for the lounge!
    You're not limited to 2 sounds.  From what I've seen the Stomp mode can store a third, and the unit itself can hold 20 profiles, I think. You just have to switch them in to the A/B function.

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4992
    edited May 12
    I'm currently trying out a full fat Tonex and it's been impressive so far. Maybe I should have been looking at profiling digital solutions rather than modelling ones all along....  

The Tonex One doesn't (yet) permit MIDI-based loading of presets. It might not have quite the same spec of ADA converter, either - not that it means anyone will hear any difference. But what functionality in such a small unit. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8093
    Barnezy said:
    Brilliant
    Red ones are better. 
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1703
    I'm currently trying out a full fat Tonex and it's been impressive so far. Maybe I should have been looking at profiling digital solutions rather than modelling ones all along....  

The Tonex One doesn't (yet) permit MIDI-based loading of presets. It might not have quite the same spec of ADA converter, either - not that it means anyone will hear any difference. But what functionality in such a small unit. 
    If they get could it to take midi via that usb port that would be wonderful. I’m definitely tempted for occasions where for logistics reasons it’s easier to gig without an amp.  
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    Is there a way to use this with headphones?
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    Is there a way to use this with headphones?
    From the Tonex One webpage: 
    • TRS output: Stereo, dual mono or headphones
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom