Morgan Spurlock RIP

What's Hot
GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3751
The 'Supersize Me' guy. Dead at 53 from cancer. 

No age, is it? 
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1639
    Just read about this. Madness!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    tFB Trader
    Wow, that's no age. 

He's just been in the press because of all of the discussion about ultra processed food which he was somewhat ahead of the curve on.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7849
    Shame, I think he had quite a big impact on how the ensible world view of fast food changed.
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 595
    So was the cancer pre-existing or potentially linked to all that ultra processed food he consumed for the documentary?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5563
    He had years of alcohol abuse behind him as well, so I bet that didn’t help. 
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1430
    I was just in the middle of watching his other documentary/film about product placements in movies when I saw the news!

He's definitely the guy who made me avoid fast food and I'm all the better for it. May he rest in peace. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25050
    Switch625 said:
    So was the cancer pre-existing or potentially linked to all that ultra processed food he consumed for the documentary?
    'Super Size Me' Controversy Explained | The Mary Sue

There have been several attempts to recreate the "experiment" and none have reached the same conclusions.
    Spurlock upped his intake to 5000 calories a day and stopped exercising. No wonder he put a load of weight on and felt like crap. He hid his alcohol problems too, and that was likely to be one of the biggest factors in his blood work, rather than the food.

People recreating the experiment who stuck with a sensible calorie intake and didn't stop their usual exercise routine either stayed the same weight or even lost weight.

The doc was bad science with bad methodology.

Lots of articles about it. Unfortunately none of them grabbing public attention like the doc did.
    Nobody is saying a majority fast food diet is good, but 'Super Size Me' was horseshit from start to finish.

I really hate writing this on a tribute - but it's important.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom