Guilford Classic vibe Strat bargain

What's Hot
mark123mark123 Frets: 1356
No Affiliation....
Saw this and was right up my street and
I was going to ask on here if anyone near Guilford would pick this up for me and post it but i think it's too much to ask ...i would have paid a few beer tokens and sent a few sets of strings in the post for their trouble but i think its too much of a ask.
So anyone around Guilford a Classic vibe 60s strat with upgraded pickups..the owners slighly reliced it but for the price its a steal £135  ..crazy cheap ., i'm sure the upgraded pickups alone are around £75 to buy.
Im gutted he won't post or even wait in for a courier..but my loss = someone on here's gain.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335455396078?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=GP_-btOLR-u&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=JZzgJ_BTSHW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20537
    As you say, an absolute bargain. Evil Sheep are really rather good handwound pickups too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12859
    My spider senses are tingling for a £250 used price guitar going for £135 with expensive pick ups in. 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1356
    munckee said:
    My spider senses are tingling for a £250 used price guitar going for £135 with expensive pick ups in. 
    Fill your boots !  Remember he's reliced it a bit ..the headstock and i don't know if the body has some relicing but for £135 ..it's a no brainer.

**I have no affiliation with the seller **
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    listing ended by seller ...hope someone here got it .
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1863
    Ha! I asked him a question about the pickups and he ended it. 
    might be someone else on here ? seems coincidental i highlighted it on here and 1.5hrs later gone...
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8975
    "Light relicing to give the guitar a vintage feel - this includes a little light sanding to remove a little of the Squier logo!"

Why?

I notice the seller's images didn't include a view of the middle section of the back of the neck.  If it was done with the same finesse as the partial logo removal it could be something that would need to be "corrected" with a respray.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8975
    As you say, an absolute bargain. Evil Sheep are really rather good handwound pickups too. 
    An appaaaarent baaa-aaa-rgain, but with possible ramifications if he's trying to pull the wool over peoples' eyes about the pickups and fleece ewe.  He said it's been gigged, so he probably knows his chops.  An Ed Shearan fan?

I'll get my woolly coat  :)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3846
    BillDL said:
    "Light relicing to give the guitar a vintage feel - this includes a little light sanding to remove a little of the Squier logo!"

Why?

I notice the seller's images didn't include a view of the middle section of the back of the neck.  If it was done with the same finesse as the partial logo removal it could be something that would need to be "corrected" with a respray.

I guess it was to make it look like a Fender?

Doesn't really work though with the "by Fender" underneath. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    I bought one of these in immaculate condition for £110 last year, I wouldn't pay more for a weirdly sanded one tbh. 
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1691
    Well it's gone now.