Poopot's Cover Challenge #27 - N - result

What's Hot
flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1836
edited July 7 in Making Music
Well done to everyone for another round of Poopot's Cover Challenge. The letter was N and there was an absolutely huge number of entries

Congratulations to @stickyfiddle ;; for a clear win with an excellent rendition of Radiohead. You can hear the winning entry here:

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/nude-stickyfiddle?in=thefretboard/sets/poopots-cover-challenge-27-n

Well done to @fnpt for second place with 13 points, and a tie between myself and @Bezzer in third ( Bezzer can also take some credit for second place as well)

And now it's onto the letter O for our next challenge. @stickyfiddle can you please PM me with your chosen song within the next 48 hours.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    tFB Trader
    Well done @stickyfiddle a deserving winner!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28141
    WOO!! Thanks guys. Super happy with this one esp considering the vocal was super last minute (was it ever thus with recording...). And especially when the quality was so high

I'll have a think about O songs while the F1 is on. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 594
    Well done @stickyfiddle !

Mad to come joint third with just 2 votes. Guess that shows the negative of multiple entries, loads of votes split over several songs.
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 260
    Well done @stickyfiddle !
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28220
    edited July 7
    Congrats from me too @Mr Fiddle.

Bezzer said:
    Mad to come joint third with just 2 votes. Guess that shows the negative of multiple entries, loads of votes split over several songs.
     True. 

I'm treating this as a prompt to complete full tracks, rather than with any desire to "win".  I found that once I'd started, it was reasonably easy to keep going - hence my multiple entries.  

Though we should obviously have 15pts for anyone who covers the nominated track 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:

Though we should obviously have 15pts for anyone who covers the nominated track 
    What's funny is I'm looking at a list of O stuff that I might do but no idea at this stage if something I suggest will even end up being what I go with myself.
    tFB Trader
    I'm wondering given that lots of people seem to make multiple tracks if the deadline should be shortened?
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 760
    Congrats @stickyfiddle well deserved.

monquixote said: I'm wondering given that lots of people seem to make multiple tracks if the deadline should be shortened?
    I would agree with this.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    I don’t mind a shorter deadline - 2 months? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1836
    edited July 7
    If the majority want a shorter deadline then it can be arranged. We have done 2 months rather than 3 before

@TTony @Habanero @idiotwind @thecolourbox @stratman3142 @IMC1980 @Bezzer @mrkb ;what do you reckon? Shall we go back to 2 months?
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2230
    Sorry not to enter the last one. I'll do my best to make the next one.

I've recently become involved in quite a few musical activities with the Exmouth U3A (yes I really am that old :) ), which are taking up a lot of my time now. So don't worry about me, and I'll fit in when I can.

It's not a competition.
    edited July 7
    2 months is fine with me.

Though it's only relatively recently that there have been so many entries. 

All these Johnny-comes-lately (or TTony-comes-lately D ) joining in and flooding the playlist with entries.  Maybe give it another iteration or two to see whether the numbers stay high?

If I were to suggest any change at all, it would be to encourage feedback on entries (where requested).  Getting votes is great, but I'd welcome some criticism/feedback on my entries to help me improve them.
    @ttony an “open to critique” option coudl be really good actually. You could even give people limits eg “seeking comments on performance/arrangement/production/mixing” if people didn’t feel open to full jeopardy critique :)
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    2 months is fine with me.

Though it's only relatively recently that there have been so many entries. 

All these Johnny-comes-lately (or TTony-comes-lately D ) joining in and flooding the playlist with entries.  Maybe give it another iteration or two to see whether the numbers stay high?

If I were to suggest any change at all, it would be to encourage feedback on entries (where requested).  Getting votes is great, but I'd welcome some criticism/feedback on my entries to help me improve them.

I'd agree with this.

In the Elektonauts hip hop competition it's standard to write a short review of every entry. I'd be super happy to do that.
    an “open to critique” option coudl be really good actually.

In the Elektonauts hip hop competition it's standard to write a short review of every entry. I'd be super happy to do that.
    I think @thecolourbox might also be in agreement.

Perhaps we have an additional thread, once the voting closes, for "Submission Feedback"?  Anyone can use that thread to ask for feedback, any other submitter (ie voter) can give feedback.  I think we're all grown-up enough to (a) give meaningful and constructive feedback and (b) not to cry - too much - when we receive it.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10166
    I'm definitely happy to receive feedback, and happy to try and give it though how much my opinions are worth is up for debate. 

I don't really mind what the deadline is, happy to go with whatever is decided
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
  • idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 519
    Yes, I'm happy with 2 months
    tFB Trader
    I'm very up for feedback on both of my tracks.
    I'm very up for feedback on both of my tracks.
    Yep me too if anyone has any