Grand Slam

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16156
LOL

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stufisherstufisher Frets: 911
    I recall that from when it was first broadcast ... health and safety would prevent such nowadays ... he really hurt Jackie Fullerton (the Ulster TV presenter) ... broke his ribs or slipped a disc or something like that.

Those wrestlers were household names across the country ... 4.10pm on World of Sport every Saturday ... Kent Walton the grapple fan's favourite commentator  ... Mrs Wummin in the front row with a brolly to hit the baddy.

Everybody I knew/grew up with could name 10 to 12 wrestlers straight off the cuff. My dad was an ambulance driver and I recall him attending a live wrestling gig in the Drill Hall in Dumfries to take an injured participant to hospital.

I still have (somewhere in my dad's memorabilia) a signed A5 photo of Zoltan Bostik ... in itself that is such a trite comment but to me it's a genuine reflection of how famous those guys were.

Happy days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376
    Jim brakes, rollerball rocco, Adrian streeter , mick mc manus ,cat weasel ,kendo Nagasaki , iron fist ,billy two rivers , Jackie pallo ,Mike merino (I think he got killed in a piledriver move in Peterborough) pat roach , Brian glover ,the mighty Quinn 

did I get the twelve without mentioning them 2 Lardy fellas 
    grandad had it on every Saturday at 4
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 911
    A few others off the top of my head ...
    Les Kellet, Dynamite Kid, Johnny Kwango, Gorgeous George, Zoltan Bostik (had to include him), Johnny Saint
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11500
    The Borg twins, Vic Faulkner and Bert Royal, Masambula, Bad Boy Bobby Barnes, 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12895
    edited July 9
    Honey Boy Zimba...

Mal Kirk.