Reaper Logic

What's Hot
I'm hesitant to say the word "versus". But this is doing my nut in and procrastination has turned into a real thing whilst tying to figure out which is best for me. 

For many reasons I love Reaper but the pull of Logic stock plugins is really dragging me in that direction. I love them both for different reasons.

Would love to get some opinions on this seemingly endless debate. Basically, I'm a Reaper fan but the home comforts of Logic are hard to ignore.
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3765
    edited July 10
    I use both equally…. Depends on the task.

Reaper is my go to for live studio band and gig video mixes and Logic for composition and writing/recording parts with the virtual instruments/midi.

I like Reaper’s leanness and rock solid stability and the stock plugins for compression, EQ, etc. are perfectly fine The IR file loading option in ReaVerb is nice to tidy up a live guitar cab or acoustic recording.  Routing is nice too.

I have added NAM plugin to both recently which has levelled the field on amp sims. 90% of the time I load up the NAM template I have set up in Reaper rather than Logic.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 829
    PC users don't have this issue.
    Reaper FTW
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1146
    I currently use Reaper and its pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2684
    I've had similar indecision recently. I ended up sticking with Reaper in part because I've been using it for years.

Also because I've got Helix Native, EZ Drummer 2, Vitala and a couple of organ plugins. I've decided that's more than enough for my needs just now. If I went with Logic, I'd have been distracted by all the native plugins etc. I think I'd prefer to work with some constraints, although tbh I've already got more than enough options.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7237
    I grew up with Emagic and Steinberg sequencers, so Logic is a comfortable environment. However, I love Reaper, and as already stated, it is rock solid.

• colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 416
    At the end of the day it doesn't actually matter. They both do the same things, just with different workflows. Figure out which workflow you like the best.

Which one gets out of your way? Which one do you know better? Which one can you get work done in quicker?

I would discount any decision about plugins because at the end of the day you probably have a huge library of 3rd party plugins which definitely won't be worse than what Logic provides as stock.

I've been using Logic for 10+ years and haven't ever looked at another DAW because there was no good reason to. It does everything I need it to do.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    tFB Trader
    I like Logic marginally more than Reaper, but they both get the job done.

For electronic music Bitwig is awesome.