Which Okko Diablo?

What's Hot
StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1520
in FX
Quite fancy trying one of these for a while, specially the Dual or the GH version. Has anyone compared them directly? Which is the best version to get?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3242
    tFB Trader
    I've had all three and the original (non-Gain +) was my favourite, arguably the most musical (whatever the F that means?). The GH one is the best out of the two you've mentioned but I'd still buy an original over them all.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1520
    RiftAmps said:
    I've had all three and the original (non-Gain +) was my favourite, arguably the most musical (whatever the F that means?). The GH one is the best out of the two you've mentioned but I'd still buy an original over them all.
    Thanks for that, that's really helpful. Much appreciated
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3464
    edited July 22
    I have an original 20 year old gain+ -(hand painted version, no 9 / 18v switch) and have had the GH. I didn’t really like the GH as much so sold it. 
    The difference in the originals of std versus Gain+ is that the second foot switch activates a second gain setting, otherwise they are the same.

The second version of Diablo - not hand painted, with 9/18v switch should be more or less the same but there have been little tweaks over the years. 

The latest version, the Diablo Dual, also has multiple versions; the latest one has top jacks and has reinstated the internal trimmer for presence. If I was looking at what to buy now, I’d go for that latest version (note that is not what the only UK stockist is pitching right now).

Edit: I’d go for the new Dual only because the hand painted original versions are hard to find.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom