SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold! Gretsch Custom Shop Stephen Stern Masterbuilt Duo Jet - G6128TDS Sonic Blue 2007.£3k

What's Hot
AlexOAlexO Frets: 1116
edited July 25 in Guitars £

Seen as Gretsch Masterbuilts are flavour of the month around here lets add another one to the mix but at the price of a Japanese proline

It’s one of the earlier Stephen Stern Masterbuilt models and was from Gretsch’s 2007 125th Anniversary based on a 1957 Duo Jet.

Worth noting that Stephen Stern is now retired so no new Stern MB will be available.

Spec is accurate to that with Seymour Duncan Dynasonic pickups, Chambered lightweight Mahogany top with 3 ply MapleTop.

Comes with the original bridge and an upgraded Tru-Arc Bridge.

Plays and sound absolutely incredible as you would expect… So why is it so cheap… lets call it a player grade guitar.

It was originally Black and has been refinished in aged Sonic Blue.

It’s had a neck break which has been professionally repaired and is solid!

The tuners had been changed then changed back.

Only selling as have a tendon issue and some necks don’t work for me. But I’m a Gretsch Nerd and it was the only way I was able to afford a Stern MB with prices both used and new getting crazy. 

£3000 but open to offers.

Available from collection from SK6 or M21.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TDubsTDubs Frets: 726
    Another Gretsch belter! Love this 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8213
    Crikey, that’s a looker!!!!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6040
    Not in a position to buy sadly but I am curious which the original bridge was? 
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1116
    dazzajl said:
    Gretsch roller which looks very similar to the Tru Arc. It’s in the case.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6040
    AlexO said:
    dazzajl said:
     I quite like the space control bridges that Mr S often used but as you say, the Tru Arc is definitely an upgrade to tone and playability 
    dazzajl said:
    AlexO said:
    dazzajl said:
     I quite like the space control bridges that Mr S often used but as you say, the Tru Arc is definitely an upgrade to tone and playability 
    My Vintage Select Penguin has the space control as stock and I really like it. 

• rexterrexter Frets: 380
    tFB Trader
    I did the sonic blue top refin on this one a few years ago when my business was active. 

As a big Gretsch fan, the neck on this one really sticks in my memory, more shape to it than the Japanese ones I owned. Almost like a soft V Alex?

I remember it being an awesome guitar. If I had the money I’d be tempted! 
    Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    rexter said:
    I did the sonic blue top refin on this one a few years ago when my business was active. 

As a big Gretsch fan, the neck on this one really sticks in my memory, more shape to it than the Japanese ones I owned. Almost like a soft V Alex?

I remember it being an awesome guitar. If I had the money I’d be tempted! 
    Oh wow! You did an incredible job! It’s almost got a greyish tinge to the sonic blue now, looks really authentic!

Hmmm I always thought of it a C but now you’ve said it. It is slightly soft V. I believe all necks are hand done at the Gretsch CS and it’s definitely got much more character than my Japanese prolines. It’s a very lively guitar in general.
    Bump
    Sold