SPARK 2 Imminent arrival July 23rd

What's Hot
hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376
Live premier event July 23 featuring Nuno Bettencourt 
  It looks like they’ve finally got a built in looper , I thought I saw a removable battery too
  middle picture looks like a removable battery 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5646
    Yeah, I've been following their updates on the socials.
    Spark 2 is 50 watts with new speakers, new 'HD' amp models, looper, optional battery, and better strap. 
    Existing Spark 40 owners will get a special upgrade price but you need to register your Spark 40 on their site.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 693
    I think the ergonomics of these desktop amps is poor. If you're sat at a desk, with a guitar, you can't see the controls.
    Other makes are just as bad.
    Lazy design conventions?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 319
    Great little amps, I just got sick of fiddling about with it in the end. Bought a basic Blackstar with reasonable cleans and that will do me for my practice amp. Can’t see me being tempted again. 
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 595

• inewhaminewham Frets: 164
    Listening to the side by side comparison at 12 mins its good to see they've addressed the boomy, bass heavy woolly sound on cleans. 
    Sadly now my old one is probably pretty much worthless except for whatever the upgrade deal turns out to be. Oh well first world problems and all that :)

Ian
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376
    inewham said:
    Listening to the side by side comparison at 12 mins its good to see they've addressed the boomy, bass heavy woolly sound on cleans. 
    Sadly now my old one is probably pretty much worthless except for whatever the upgrade deal turns out to be. Oh well first world problems and all that :)
    Hardly worthless ,still an excellent unit  for its purpose & some people use them portable too with some sort of power bank 
    edited July 24
    Early bird price £249, regular price £289.
    They haven't announced the 'upgrade' price for Spark 40 owners yet but they have said that you get to keep your Spark 40, which should make it a good deal as you can sell the 40 on...
  • I like my Spark 40, although I think most of the phone software is useless apart from the actual patch editor (the auto-jam and chord guessing features are just gimmicks IMO and don't really work well enough to be any real use).

I would quite like a looper (as long as it works stand-alone without the app - I haven't read all the specs) but not sure it's worth buying a whole new amp for.  OK, there's the "upgrade discount" (which presumably isn't much otherwise they'd tell us) and I could sell the 40, but even being optimistic I reckon it'll cost me at least £100 just to get a looper.  Might as well buy a pedal...
  • Jono111Jono111 Frets: 270
    @Rabs guitarguitar has a 2nd had ulooper for the spark for £50 at the moment